Playercorefactory.xml support for IOS
Hey, I have Kodi running through my Android devices to my Xbox One via AllCast, and it works amazingly. I am trying to help a buddy get a similar setup going on his iPad. Kodi is setup and AllCast works, I sent him the .xml file to utilize AllCast to stream, however the media opens in Kodi with no regard to the xml file. Is there a different file type/way to write the file for it to work on iOS? I understand iOS is typically different, but it does support xml files, so I don't see how it can't work. If it is currently a difference in the Kodi software, will there be a fix in the future? Any info is greatly appreciated.
I don't believe this works on iOS.
There is no playercorefactory support in ios and i have no plan in looking into it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-02-16, 14:47)Memphiz Wrote: There is no playercorefactory support in ios and i have no plan in looking into it.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any similar workaround for iOS or is the playercore the only thing that will send video to AllCast?
I have no clue what allcast is. I also doubt that the Xbox One is able to act as an airplay target. So no - there is no workaround (there would be one if you had an airplay target device you want to stream to ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2015-02-17, 17:09)Memphiz Wrote: I have no clue what allcast is. I also doubt that the Xbox One is able to act as an airplay target. So no - there is no workaround (there would be one if you had an airplay target device you want to stream to ...).

I cast from my Android tablet to my Xbox through a casting app (ie. Localcast and/or Allcast). The Xbox is streamed to the same way a chromecast or apple TV box can be. I've seen people do some sort of mirroring from an iPad to am Xbox one. How would airplay work with Kodi?
You would either mirror the complete kodi to an airplay mirroring capable device (normally only atv3 can receive airplay mirroring) and get a small remote control on the pad instead for navigation. If you have any other airplay receiver that can receive video you would start playback on the ios device in kodi and then swipe up the control center and enable airplay (without mirroring) to the target - it heavily depends on the content and its location and the target if the latter works. Also an option is an hdmi adapter.

Just readup on:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Tvout

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playercorefactory.xml support for IOS0