Advantage of DirectX11 Update?
hi,
i read in developers forum about the update to directx 11. i know one reason are the problems with directx9 on some hardware (problem with correct hz-switch, green screen, artifacts...). but i wonder if there are more advantages/possibilities with directx11 (for instance a better picture quality).
I heard it'll make the real time lighting and shadow effects in Kodi look AMAZING. Tongue

Seriously though, video decoding will still be FFMPEG's software decoders or DXVA, it'll look the same. It already accurately decodes video, it's not going to get better short of destructive post processing effects.
It's like Assassin Creed but then as a media center Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Even without any visual improvements DirectX11 feels better than DirectX9, doesn't it? Smile
I bet we can convince more than 90% of users that there is an improvement in picture quality. If that was not true consumer electronics industry would have been close to bankruptcy for quite a while Smile
I have noticed that one one older AMD card (that REALLY didn't like XBMC/Kodi) it's made it actually work. I had to use various DX9 settings in my advancedsettings before.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-16, 20:59)Martijn Wrote: It's like Assassin Creed but then as a media center Big Grin

Will it support the Ultra settings?

I will finally be able to watch mkv's x264, with Ultra settings.
Well, it goes to 11! duh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advantage of DirectX11 Update?0