TV Shows not indexed
This has driven me mad for some time now, but for what seems to be no reason I can find, some TV shows are indexed and playable, and some are not.
I thought at one point, it was the encoding. But now I even see that even in one case, one episode was skipped, and it had the same exact encoding
(xvid AVI) as the other episodes of the same series. I am using the Show Name/Season X/s01e01 directory naming method. I manually force library
updates after adding content, as well as have the library set to rescan on restart.

One question comes to mind when I noticed one of the problem files has metadata that does not quite match the actual name correctly. Does that override file naming?
If so, is the solution to remove metadata, or manually correct it?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.
No ideas? Am I the only one with this issue?
You need to use a program that indexes and creates metadata for you, provided the episodes and folders they are in are named properly the only other reason I can think of is incorrect or missing metadata. Check out Ember Media Manager or I hear Media Elch is a popular one.
XBMC is that program. You do not need any external program once you name correctly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-28, 01:08)nickr Wrote: XBMC is that program. You do not need any external program once you name correctly.

In theory, xbmc (kodi) should take care if this, but it definitely ignores some of the content. For example:

The Americans/Season 1/s01e01.mp4

Is completely ignored. In the same parent directory however:

Justified/Season 4/s04e05.mp4

This is indexed just fine.
Basic information, that everyone should mention when wanting help: What distribution are you using?

Now to your problem, what file system do you have your tv shows on? NTFS, exFAT, ext2/4, something else?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-28, 01:22)pixelriffic Wrote:
(2015-02-28, 01:08)nickr Wrote: XBMC is that program. You do not need any external program once you name correctly.

In theory, xbmc (kodi) should take care if this, but it definitely ignores some of the content. For example:

The Americans/Season 1/s01e01.mp4

Is completely ignored. In the same parent directory however:

Justified/Season 4/s04e05.mp4

This is indexed just fine.
All I can say is, both of those index fine for me.

But perhaps your problem is around the fact you have misnamed the show 'The Americans' when on tvdb it is 'The Americans (2013)' http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=261690&lid=7
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not indexed0