Bug Performance regression on upscalers
Hi all,
is it just me or is there a known performance regression with the video upscalers?

I always used spline36 for upscaling without any problems. now i observed that i have a lot of framedrops with anything above bilinear using latest git versions. can't tell since when this happened as i just recently observed the issue by accident. It happens during pvr playback.

but what's even more strange is that the issue seems to fix itself after a while and appears again. at the moment i can't tell when it apears and disapears but the cpu load is always <8% per core of my i5 4330.

well, i try to catch the issue again and then post some logs while having the problem. for now i just wanted to put some attention that strange new behavour. maybe someone else observed similar issues.
Shader code has not changed within the last 5 years ... check your intel drivers.

Edit: And btw. use the setting: "Enable hq scalers for scaling above: 20%". There is absolutely no need for going to a spline shader to scale 1080i to a 1080 display.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
intel drivers had'nt changed for months nor anything else but kodi on my system.

anyhow, so it seems no one else oberved somthing similar.

i also have another new issue which may be indicating a related cause. since a few days if i switch from fullscreen to windowed mode sometimes the content of the kodi window looks distorted. going again to fullscreen fixes this but as soon as i go windowed mode again it is distorted again. a reboot fixes this.

only had this two times, today and a few days back, shortly before i observed the issue with the bad performance of the upscalers.
sounds like Unity ... without seeing a Debug Log no idea.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-02-17, 09:28)fritsch Wrote: Edit: And btw. use the setting: "Enable hq scalers for scaling above: 20%". There is absolutely no need for going to a spline shader to scale 1080i to a 1080 display.
Question, why isn't that setting the default? Should be a pretty noncontroversial change.
(2015-02-17, 23:27)fritsch Wrote: sounds like Unity ... without seeing a Debug Log no idea.

i have gnome 3 which also has not changed for month. yeah i know debug log. i'll post one when i am back home.absolute nothing changed in last few month but kodi as i am building from git more or less every day.
well there were also updates for my htpc but they only affected java and some non graphics relate system libs.

regarding the the setting about enabling hq squalers it is set at 10% btw. but it doesn't matter here as we are talking about SD quality tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Performance regression on upscalers0