Win Have xbmc ALWAYS send video to Video Card 2
SETUP (Dual Displays)

- Windows 7 SP2 Ultimate
- Integrated Intel Video: hooked up through HDMI (Primary Display)
- AMD Video Card: hooked up through HDMI
- Extended desktop

PROBLEM

This is driving me crazy. I will choose 'Fullscreen #2' from within XBMC and it will display on the AMD HDMI. However, if I turn the monitor off, it reverts to the Intel HDMI. If I restart the computer and open XBMC, it reverts to the Intel HDMI. If I am using XBMC on the AMD HDMI and I start a video, the AMD HDMI is blank and it tries to play the video on the Intel HDMI.

The sound always goes where it's supposed to - through the AMD HDMI.

I want XBMC to always output video to the AMD HDMI. I understand that there might be some elements at play here with the operating system seeing that the monitor attached to the AMD HDMI is turned off and that because of that XBMC is rerouted to the Intel HDMI. I don't care. No matter the state of the AMD HDMI monitor, I want the video sent there. I would appreciate anyone attempting to explain the intricacies to me.

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks.
bump.
UPDATE

Okay. So I reread some other threads and continued to troubleshoot my problem.

Problem 1 - Always open XBMC into the AMD monitor and have video play unmolested while using Fullscreen Window: I installed the program UltraMon to the computer. UltraMon is a utility developed to solve common problems with dual display computer setups and can be found here. UltraMon has the ability to always open up an application onto a given display. I configured the shortcut that opens XBMC to always open into the AMD display. That seems to work, and Fullscreen Window actually plays video just fine.

Problem 2 - The screen that XBMC displays upon switches when the AMD monitor power cycles: This is a feature of windows baked into Windows 7 and later. There is a polling signal sent to any plugged in monitors and when they are disconnected (when the HDMI handshake drops) the operating system automatically moves any applications that are placed on that monitor to the monitor that is still connected. The solution seems to be a dongle sold here. It's called 'Disable tv/monitor auto detection device, remove EDID override' and it sits between the computer and the monitor. It has an HDMI male side and an HDMI female side. Using it is the equivalent of covering the HDMI pin 15, which keeps the computer from sensing that the monitor has been disconnected. I have not used one yet, as I have one on order and they ship from Canada.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have xbmc ALWAYS send video to Video Card 20