New Backward/Forward skip steps
How are the new forward/backward skip steps working ?
Until recently, i had what i have configurated in the xml config file : +30s/-7s.
Now, if i choose "7s", i have +15s/-7s, and if i choose any other value (-7s, +15s,+30s), i have +7s/-15s when i try to skip forward/backward.
A log file can be found here.
I don't follow what you're saying, if for example you have

-15, -7, +15, +30

Press right once skip forward 15
Press right twice skip forward 30
Press right three times skip forward 60

Press left once skip back 7
Press left twice skip back 15
Press left three times skip back 45
If i have only +15, result is :

Press right once skip forward 7
Press right twice skip forward 7 (again)
Press right three times skip forward 7 (again)

Press left once skip back 15
Press left twice skip back 15 (again)
Press left three times skip back 15 (again)

If i have only +30, result is :

If i have only +7 (which is the default value i had after installation), result is :

Press right once skip forward 15
Press right twice skip forward 15 (again)
Press right three times skip forward 15 (again)

Press left once skip back 7
Press left twice skip back 7 (again)
Press left three times skip back 7 (again)

I have provided the log.

Before this option was added, i had the values i've defined in the xml settings file, i've defined the left for small step back, and small stap is defined at 7s, and defined right for standard step, and standard step was defined at 30s.
Hmm, I tested this before it was merged and all was fine.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Skip Step settings?
odd - will test - haven't noticed any issues using nightlies though.

One unrelated thing I noticed in your log is "ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'smallstepforward' defined" - so you could remove that mapping as this action is non-existent (in master profile and user profile it seems).

edit: just tested with todays windows nightly:
  • "-7" only results in only being able to skip -7s back, no seek forward (bug IMO, should fallback to something)
  • "-7s,30s" ends up in expected behavior, -7s back, 30s forward on first press in each direction

Could you also please check which values for the smart seeking ended up in your guisettings.xml?
(2015-02-18, 11:14)jpsdr Wrote: If i have only +7 (which is the default value i had after installation), result is :
only having +7 after installation is clearly some bug, but on any of my updates to a nightly I had correct default values - so I really wonder what's wrong/broken in your installation.
@jpsdr - you mentioned that you changed stuff in some xml. Did you change the seek steps in advancedsettings.xml to the values mentioned above? That's plain wrong. You don't have to do adjust as.xml and can configure/select the desired seek steps from within the GUI! Simply go to Settings -> Video -> Playback and pick your desired seek steps. You only have to change as.xml if you want to make use of different step sizes in GUI than the default ones - but you ALWAYS have to use the GUI to do the final selection on what to apply. as.xml is only to override the "template" of selectable steps in the GUI.
No, i've mixed things, i didn't change seek steps in advancedsettings. What i've changed is things in my keybord.xml.
You can find it here.
I think most of the changes (but maybe not alls) are in the <FullscreenVideo> part, if i remember properly.
Just tested, selected "-7s,30s".

I've just tried with todays nightly (19/02/15) and all is fine.

With -7 & 30 configured

Press right once skip forward 30 sec
Press right twice skip forward 60 sec
Press right three times skip forward 90 sec

Press left once skip back 7 sec
Press left twice skip back 14 sec
Press left three times skip back 21 sec

I tried with both default keyboard mapping and with your custom keymap and get the exact same behaviour.

So you must be doing something wrong Huh
........... Your screenshot may me think understanding the issue. My displayed list of skip step is loooooonger. It seems that by default i have all the values except 7s selected. Making me think that white was selected value, and orange unselected, because everithing is in orange except 7s. I'll made a new try, and maybe it will work properly this time.
Yep in Confluence orange is a selected item.
Ok, now, when realy selecting only -7s,+30s, it's working properly. But the strange thing is that after the installation, all skip values where selected except 7s. The installation of course of the 1rst time this feature was included.
Great you've got it working Smile

I agree that it's not immediately obvious while in the multi-select window that orange is the selected items, but this is the same for all similar lists where you can select multiple items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Backward/Forward skip steps0