Renaming Trailer Files
All my media and nfo files are coming from my old popcorn hour players and YAMJ.

I know EMM had/has support. I was curious if there was a simple way to convert to XBMC instead.

I am not as concerned with the NFO files as I am with the trailer files. Back in the day YAMJ was able to download trailers, so some of my movies have a movie.[trailer].mp4 file. However, xbmc translates this to another movie file, so I have movies list 2, 3, 4 times depending on the number of [trailer] files. If I could mass rename these to movie-trailer, it would be great, if not, I guess I will settle for deleting them, so I can clean up my library
Yes, there is a way with our latest beta 1.4.0.7.

You can import all your old YAMJ files to Ember, if you have enabled the "Default YAMJ" filename settings in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> NMT -> YAMJ. Also enable all XBMC Frodo/Helix checkboxes and also all "ArtworkDownloader Addon" (also in the XBMC tab) settings.

Now reload all movies in main window in menu Tools -> Reload All Movies.
Check if Ember has recognized your NFOs, images and trailers.

Select Tools -> Rewrite All Movie Content.
Now Ember does rewrite all regonized movie content to all enabled file name settings (YAMJ and XBMC).

Go back to settings and and disable all YAMJ checkboxes.
Reload again all movies with Tools -> Reload All Movies.

Ember has no working file cleaner, so you have to manually remove the old trailers with Windows Explorer or something else (search file names like *[trailer]*).
Additional info:
- XBMC/Kodi and Ember does support only one trailer per movie
- Ember does only recognize "moviename.[trailer].ext" files, no additional trailers like "moviename.[trailer]-superbowltrailer.ext"
awesome, thank you for this. I will revisit my media, clean up duplicate/multiple trailers to make them just one and go from there.
does ember not like notwork shares as source folders any more? I know it worke din the past, but now it does not let me use it. I enter path and OK is grayed out
(2015-02-18, 06:56)smakovits Wrote: does ember not like notwork shares as source folders any more? I know it worke din the past, but now it does not let me use it. I enter path and OK is grayed out
I check that...
Works for me with mapped drives and network shares (\\SEVER\share).
(2015-02-17, 15:51)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, there is a way with our latest beta 1.4.0.7.

You can import all your old YAMJ files to Ember, if you have enabled the "Default YAMJ" filename settings in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> NMT -> YAMJ. Also enable all XBMC Frodo/Helix checkboxes and also all "ArtworkDownloader Addon" (also in the XBMC tab) settings.

Now reload all movies in main window in menu Tools -> Reload All Movies.
Check if Ember has recognized your NFOs, images and trailers.

Select Tools -> Rewrite All Movie Content.
Now Ember does rewrite all regonized movie content to all enabled file name settings (YAMJ and XBMC).

Go back to settings and and disable all YAMJ checkboxes.
Reload again all movies with Tools -> Reload All Movies.

Ember has no working file cleaner, so you have to manually remove the old trailers with Windows Explorer or something else (search file names like *[trailer]*).

OK, so I am to the point I can finally do this, but Ember didn't detect my trailer files. For instance, Bolt.2008.BluRay.[Trailer-bolt-clip1_h1080p].mov

If it is not possible my other thought is bulk renamer if I can figure out the regexp, but otherwise I might just delete them.
Ember can only recognize <moviefilename>.[trailer].ext. So you have to use a bulk renamer (e.g. Bulk Rename Utility) to rename your trailers.
OK thanks. now I just need to figure out the regular expression to use.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renaming Trailer Files0