Req Action scripts and smart favourites
Lightbulb 
Firstly, a huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this amazing project over the years. I'm sure that, what with me being a newcomer, some of what I'm about to mention has been discussed before, but after searching the forums I couldn't find anything which specifically addressed an idea I had, which it would be amazing if someone could work on, or point me towards existing efforts in this area.

It seems to me like the beauty of Kodi is that it solves two different problems. One being a massive shortening in the process which was once necessary in order to fetch, save and playback media — either stored on another home computer or on the host machine. The second being the simplification of adding repositories for expanded functionality. What I would like to see — and you'll have to forgive my non-technical description (I'm by no means a programmer) — is a coming together of those two worlds, so that ordinary users can effectively script their own add ons, without necessarily needing to know any code.

A real world example: Let's say that I'm watching NBC via the USTVNOW add-on, and I want to change to another live stream from a different add-on, for example Danish TV Live, or World News Live. As things currently stand, I have to open the Video add-ons folder, navigate to OpenVPN, change from a VPN in the US to a VPN in Denmark, open the Danish TV Live add-on, and go to the channel I want to watch. Now, I could bind the OpenVPN add-on to a key on my MCE remote, and do the same with the Danish Live TV add-on. But it would be a lot more convenient if I could somehow 'tell' the OpenVPN add-on that every time I want to stream a particular channel from a particular add-on, I will always want to change to the corresponding VPN for the country where that content would be otherwise Geo-locked.

This got me thinking that if Favourites were somehow capable of following a simple IF this THEN that script, where users could choose from a list of possible variables, it could be applied to all manner of other features — such as IF people I am following on THIS twitter account use the hashtag for the currently playing TV show THEN scroll tweets along the bottom of the screen. Or IF the volume level of the currently playing movie file goes above x AND the time of day is after hh:mm THEN decrease volume by x, and so on.

If someone wants to have a look into this, or point me towards someone who is already working on something similar, I'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig for early versions. I'm also a Graphic Designer if it's a case of helping out with something else in return for having a bash at implementing my ideas.

Thanks again! Jeg elsker Kodi!Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Action scripts and smart favourites0