pvr.wmc sort of working but..
My setup maybe a little complicated, but here's what I'm doing. I have both a mythtv backend running with a Hauppauge 2250 tuner card, and a Win 7 MCE box running with 2 Avermedia tuner cards. Both record TV shows correctly. I have PCs all over the house, some running Windows and some running Ubuntu.

On the Win 7 media center PC that is capturing the TV recording, I can run Kodi and view recording on both the mythtv Ubuntu backend machine and on the Local(127.0.0.1) PC. So far so good.

However, on a Ubuntu/Lubuntu machine I can only get Kodi setup to see the Mythtv backend. The reason seems to be that I can't get Kodi to find and install pvr.wmc. In fact I can't see the Kodi PVR add-on respository. Manually installing pvr.wmc from zip works for the install, but fails with a DLL error message, which makes no sense to me on Linux.

What am I missing??
It seems like you should have been able to get wmc.pvr addon from the same place you got the mythtv addon. Have you tried download the linux addon from our download page?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I notice that on the Lubuntu PC my Kodi add-on repository only has one entry, the main one. However. the Windows install shows 2, the main one and the Kodi PVR add-on repository. I'm not sure how to get that one in Linux
How did you get mythtv on the Ubuntu client then?

I think there may be apt packages or something perhaps...

In terms of the error you got when going the zip file message that would tend to indicate you ended up with an incompatible addon, you need to make sure it matches your platform (Linux x86 or x64 I'm assuming) and also matches the Kodi pvr API version
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I installed by these instructions:
sudo apt-get install python-software-properties pkg-config software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

I tried sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-dev but that didn't help me.
Try searching your cache for pvr related packages
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-cache search pvr
See if you can find pvr wmc in the output
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I'll try the cache search but wanted to report that on my Linux system that was originally installed from a Mythbuntu CDROM for 14.04 LTS I tried a number of uninstalls and reinstalls of Kodi related packages.

I finally got the zip version of the Helix pvr.wmc installed from ZIP and could configure it to find my WMC Win 7 PC. However, all it could find was the list of recorded programs, it could not play them. I could still play the Mythtv recordings, but not the WMC ones. But at least it found them.

I have another Lubuntu 14.04 system that where Kodi was installed as I mentioned earlier and can't find the PVR WMC add-on. I'll search the cache there.
Seeing the library but being unable to play anything is a setting problem, you need to provide folder credentials
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Not sure what I need to authorize. I know the directory for the recordings is shared with everyone for read/write. I know that for another computer, like a Mac to login and view the files, I have to login as a register user with a login id and password.

How do I provide that to the Kodi pvr.wmc add-on??
In ServerWMC on the folders tab. ServerWMC is the program installed on the Windows PC As stated multiple times "everyone" is NOT Anyone, it's all accounts that are known to the Windows PC
Thank you for the directions. I was googling the Kodi Credentials and found the reference to ServerWMC folder's tab when I heard the email come in about this post.

So I have it working on one Linux system. I'll try to figure out how to do the same to the other systems in the house.

Again, thanks to all for the help.Blush
Okay, to close this issue out, I downloaded the x86-64 image of Kodibuntu and installed it on a NUC PC for my HTPC in the family room. After updating all the software, I still had no PVR add-ons available, I did the:

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-dev

Still no PVR options. Then I downloaded the Helix x86-64 zip file for PVR.WMC. Now back in Kodi, I installed from ZIP and configured.

Everything is working as expected. I like that Kodiubuntu boots directly into Kodi Media Center.

My guess is there is something currently missing from kodi-pvr-dev so PVR.WMC is not visible or it's in Kodi proper that is not displaying the repository for PVRs in the Ubuntu based versions.

Jim A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.wmc sort of working but..0