R pi2 with ambilight
hi guys and gals . whats the best ambilight option for me to think about for when my rpi2 arrives . and where can i find a good guide . tia
Google "Boblight" and see if it fits your needs.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have used Boblight and Hyperion on a RPI Model B and IMHO Hyperion is a country mile better than Boblight. It is easier to configure and less resource hungry.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Hyperion is indeed the better.

About hardware: I use it with LightPack, which bought via KickStarter. There are a ton of options out there nowadays. With current supply I'm not sure Lightpack is the best option.
Lightberry + Hyperion
Hardware I just bought a string of 50 generic WS2801 LEDs off of ebay and powered them with the old ATX desktop PSU that powers my whole setup, but a standard 5v 3 amp PSU woulld be fine.
Hi, I was interesting in trying to get something like the ambilight/boblight thing working with the PI2, there are a lot of guides out there but they all seem to require external controller hardware/power. Does anyone know of a way of using the PI2 to run kodi as well as control the lights?

Thanks
(2015-03-27, 12:55)lizardking Wrote: Hi, I was interesting in trying to get something like the ambilight/boblight thing working with the PI2, there are a lot of guides out there but they all seem to require external controller hardware/power. Does anyone know of a way of using the PI2 to run kodi as well as control the lights?

Thanks

You don't need an external controller. I haven't got one. I have a string of 50 WS801 LEDs powered by a 2.4 amp USB PSU. I am a bit pushed for time at the minute. I will post up my own how to guide later.
Thanks for the clarification, a guide would be great else I'll hit up google again and see if I can find one that is similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
R pi2 with ambilight0