[Windows] Intel NUC D34010WYK - scaling is bigger then TV
Hello,

just purchased an Intel NUC I3 D34010WYK,

when i first installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise, the TV resolution was perfect, the screen was sized exactly.

After i installed the newest Graphics drivers - the screen scaling is now bigger then the tv (i can hardly see the bottom bar and sides)

i tried to change resolutions (going one by one !) , tried to change 50 , 59 , 60 Hz

nothing made it like it was before drivers installation.

i eventually changed to Manual , and set the size manually change the scaling to fit the TV (LG 32" 4 years old)

can anyone help ?
Have you tried setting the TV to just scan ?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
in the TV settings ? no did not yet.

i`ll try it tonight and reply.

thanks !
Yep - you always want to avoid scaling in your Kodi source (either in the OS or in Kodi) to counteract scaling that is being introduced in your display to simulate overscan (which crops and zooms the picture a little to avoid you seeing the edges of frames which sometimes contain small amounts of junk, particularly on unconverted SD content)

Most 1920x1080 HDTVs will allow you to disable overscan (Full Pixel, Just Scan, 1:1, Pixel Mapped) are all descriptions of the same functionality. Always best to work in this mode - otherwise you can end up scaling your content twice when you needn't scale it at all.
thank you that worked !

thing is though, every time i shutdown the NUC, i have to change the tv mode to "Just Scan" again :\

anyone know a solution for that? (LG 32" about 4 years old)
Try a diferent HDMI port or put the nuc to sleep instead of shutting down. That's the way it works on opeenelec on my TV.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Intel NUC D34010WYK - scaling is bigger then TV0