No Music Artist Slideshow
Hey guys
Back to Kodi after a while.
I've installed a Kodi 14.1 on a few PCs and devices, have setup a central mysql database
and basically everything is going well.

Except, I don't get anything to be shown while playing music.
OK, I can switch on milkdrop or so, but I want the artist slideshow and maybe lyrics or infos.
But no matter what, I don't get anything other than the basic song information as displayed by the skin.
The most I get is a static artist image using the transparancy skin.
The artist slideshow plugin is enabled, as is universal album and artist scraper.
I've tried using at least 6 different skins.
And yes, my music is tagged properly, is in the database, I'm using the database.

I get the same behaviour on all my Windows PCs and on the Android device.

Must be a stupid little setting, but can't figure out which.

Can anyone please enlighten me
Did you press the tab button to start artist slideshow?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-02-18, 17:12)wgstarks Wrote: Did you press the tab button to start artist slideshow?

yes.
the now playing screen is where I want the slideshow to appear.
but not even lyrics, despite cu lyrics is enabled
Just installed 14.2 beta.
Now lyrics do work except in MaxiMinimalism.
But still in front of a black screen, drives me crazy.
@GuidoW: There is currently no support for the lyrics addon in Maximinimalism. Artist slideshow (AS) support is included for the now playing screen though.

Try setting the AS addon configuration option slideshow->image priority to "Use remote images first".

On the 'now playing' screen, turn off any visualisations that are active. Some work well with AS, others don't.

Does that help?
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-02-19, 12:11)thedeadman Wrote: Try setting the AS addon configuration option slideshow->image priority to "Use remote images first".
On the 'now playing' screen, turn off any visualisations that are active. Some work well with AS, others don't.
Does that help?

Hey deadman
Thanks for helping and thanks for the great skin.
From memory that's what I set in AS and I also activated the 'ignore resolution' options.
But to no avail.

I don't want any of those visualizations, so they're swichted off. They run just fine when turned on.

Since it is the same in all skins and all my setups I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong, generally speaking.
But what? Can't be that difficult.

Or is anyone else just watching movies and shows with Kodi, and music animation is broken since 14.1?
How odd. AS works just fine for me on 14.2 (Openelec & Mac builds at least).

Going out on a limb, but worth a query.. Could it be that your artists simply don't have any fanart!?

If all else fails, drop a log to the creator of the AS plugin is my advice.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Seems it is the addon_data folder that I placed on the server and redirected it in advancedsettings.
set it back to local for now, so problem solved.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Music Artist Slideshow0