Very frustrated newbie with MX3 Amlogic S802 problem
(2015-03-12, 05:27)Dukman Wrote: Keep in mind, there are 2 versions of the MXIII; a 1gb/8gb and a 2gb/8gb which is a later model. The 2gb/8gb has a different wifi chip so you can't use this ROM on the 1gb/8gb unit. This version of Openelec has been updated to 5.05 with Helix 14.2 beta. Here is the latest update: http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.0.5/. Grab the S82 version for the 2gb/8gb MXIII.

The flash method is:

Unzip the downloaded file to the root of your micro SD. You will have 3 files in the root of your SD card.

factory_update_param.aml
OpenELEC-Amlogic.S82.arm-5.0.5-update.zip
recovery.img

Unplug the unit.
Place the SD card in your MXIII 2g/8g
Use a toothpick inside the A/V port to hold down the reset button. While holding the reset button, plug in the power adapter then press the power button and hold it until the "little green man" shows up. Release the power button. Sometimes this requires growing a 3rd arm.
watch the progress...once finished it will boot up Openelec. If it gets stuck, pull the power and replug, One unit took 5 restarts until it finally completed.

I tried this in exactly this way and it works perfectly!
Thank you for this.
I triedto update to openElec from the comments above but now I just get a black Screen can someone tell me why this is I'm having probelms with my mxIII box on kitkat so I figured to update to openElec to see if this would help

below is the box I have

MXIII M82 Quad Core KitKat Cortex A9 ARM Mali - 450 4K Android 4.4 5GHz WiFi Bluetooth TV Box 2GB DDR3 RAM 8GB ROM Support Max 32GB Capacity - US Plug

Regards Dabonz
I used a newer version from here:
http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.95.3/
http://www.amlinux.ru/image/5.95.3/OpenE...95.3.4.zip

Should work actually.
did not work ...
And you did it in the same way?
Put it on the sd card and with the toothpick method?
yes with the tooth pick I just get a black screen when it updates
Hello freaks,
I got the same problem on my mx III ultra. Mine is 1gb and since yesterday, i have a black screen. I tried to hard reset, but no way.
Where do I can find the firmware for the 1gb model?
I can't believe what happened. It was working fine, then I shut off properly, and when turned on again, just saw the logo and then black screen. From there, i just get black screen when i turn on. I tried different tvs, the hard reset button, etc... It seems working, bc if I click on turn off with remote, and then ok button on remote, it turns off...
Any idea?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Cheers,

Sergi
Video 
hope this is in the right place.
bought an MX3 yesterday the 2/8 version.
when i turn the box on and do nothing, just let it idle its fine. but when i try to navigate around and set stuff up the box freezes, and produces a static sound..... i tried to power cycle, replace the hdmi, use analog cables, different port, different TV. nothing helps.
sometime it happens after 1 minute sometimes after 3-5 minutes.
has anyone had this problem before.
should i return the box?
Thanks for any reply's.
(2016-02-27, 17:01)darenb Wrote: hope this is in the right place.
bought an MX3 yesterday the 2/8 version.
when i turn the box on and do nothing, just let it idle its fine. but when i try to navigate around and set stuff up the box freezes, and produces a static sound..... i tried to power cycle, replace the hdmi, use analog cables, different port, different TV. nothing helps.
sometime it happens after 1 minute sometimes after 3-5 minutes.
has anyone had this problem before.
should i return the box?
Thanks for any reply's.

return it.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very frustrated newbie with MX3 Amlogic S802 problem0