Optimizing my HTPCs with Kodi
I'm looking to optimize and consolidate my HTPCs. I think I'm close to being able to do this since I've discovered Kodi as a frontend. I have multiple rooms with TV and PCs so it would be convenient to watch whatever I want where ever I am.

The problem is My Mythbuntu backend system only has a dual tuner card (HVR-2250), but I like how it post processes the TV recordings to allow Kodi frontend to auto skip those.

I also have a Win7 MCE with 3 tuners, all Avermedia. So I can record everything and view it on Kodi frontend, but without auto commercial skips.

I can't put all my tuners in a Mythtv box because Mythtv doesn't support Avermedia tuners. So there is no consolidation where I get the Mythtv post processing.

I know Win7 MCE supports the HVR-2250, so I can consolidate that way, but without the auto commercial skips.

So my question is: Is there a way to add auto skip commercial post processing to Win 7 MCE so Kodi can play those shows on all the platforms in the house and skip the commercials.

I guess maybe there's a way to add Mythtv backend to Win 7 instead of WMC, but not sure it would support the Avermedia hardware.
Get new tuners for your mytyhtv box.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Getting new tuners for the mythtv box doesn't eliminate anything or consolidate anything, which is the goal. I have to keep the Win 7 box and right now, so if I run mythtv, it will be on the windows box. Right now I have 2 dual tuners in the Win 7 box and it records everything I need. If Mythtv on Win 7 could work with the same tuners as WMC, then problem solved. If not, then I'll have to live with it. Pulling the Mythbuntu box and the UPS freed up a lot of room and heat in the closet with my Home Theater equipment.

I guess I don't understand the driver structure of mythtv and windows. Back in my day of writing drivers, you had an API that all drivers were written to for an O/S. Once you wrote the driver right, then all the applications that wanted to talk to that hardware would work the same.
There is software that will post process wmc recordings to add commercial skip, and we have users who use it with wmc/swmc. Mcebuddy is one I believe, but I think there are others.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2015-02-19, 18:57)krustyreturns Wrote: There is software that will post process wmc recordings to add commercial skip, and we have users who use it with wmc/swmc. Mcebuddy is one I believe, but I think there are others.

Yup, MCEBuddy user here. Works great, lots of features and easy to use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimizing my HTPCs with Kodi0