Video Tab vs Movies Tab
Question. I have a few thousand movies loaded into my Kodi.

Using Hard Drives - Using Videos Tab > Files and then mapping to the folders on the drives..

This is fine.... About 90% of thumbnails were correct and i had to add the other 10% of thumbnails manually....

Also, i use my own naming convention and i have my settings to say "keep my file name"

eg. My naming convention = "Thor (2013) - The Dark World"

Here is my issue - The MOVIES tab.

In here, it uses it's own naming convention, so for Thor (2013)

It renames my filename to be "Thor: The Dark World"

but what happens to some files is that it thinks it's another movie....In this case, it found Thor (2013) to be a random movie called Thorn

Even though I corrected this using the Refresh option in the Videos Tab, the movies tab still picks it up both Thor (2013) and this other random movie called Thorn. I don't want to manually check all the movie titles to remove the wrongly found movies and delete them.

How do i get rid of the movie titles that were incorrectly picked up by the scan that i thought i fixed when going to videos > files > sharename > movie title > right click (Movie Information) -> Refresh
Well, "Thor (2013) - The Dark World" is going to confuse most scrapers. The actual film is called "Thor: The Dark World". Using the release year half way through the title makes no sense, since the scraper will see "Film name (Year) - extra stuff)" and guess that the film you have is "Film (Year) - ignore extra stuff"

I thin this is the article that might help, I could be wrong: http://kodi.wiki/view/RegEx_tutorial
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Tab vs Movies Tab0