Win Update library on starup
Hi,

Running Kodi 14.1 on Windows 8.1.
I have enabled the option "Update library on starup" and at startup it looks like Kodi scans for new files, but it doesn't pick them up, no new episodes of TV series are put into the database.
When I go to Videos/Files/Folder, get the contextmenu and select "Scan for new content", then my new episodes are picked up.
Why is that?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
I have the same problem wth the Android version... Kodi is far more buggy than Gotham
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Is anybody from development reading this too or should I post my message somewhere else?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
debug logs or it didn't happen
19:15 Start Kodi, Kodi scans for new content
19:16 Kodi finished scanning, the series Friends is added to the library without episodes
19:17 Exit Kodi
19:17 Start Kodi, Kodi scans for new content
19:19 Kodi finished scanning, no Friends episodes are added to the library
19:20 I go to Video, Files and then the folder that has the series, and select scan for new content
19:23 Scan finished, all Friends episodes are added to the library

For those who wonder, yes, I bought all the Friends dvd's.

I have zipped the logs, where do I upload them?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Pastebin, not zipped!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
just as an aside, why is everyone "scanning for new content" instead of just running an "update library".?
Is there a difference?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
why would you bother going to an actual source path, rather then just going to the library and updating it?
(2015-02-22, 03:39)helta Wrote: just as an aside, why is everyone "scanning for new content" instead of just running an "update library".?

Because update library didn't work :-)
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
(2015-02-22, 14:39)XBMCLuver Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 03:39)helta Wrote: just as an aside, why is everyone "scanning for new content" instead of just running an "update library".?

Because update library didn't work :-)

Proof it Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Why do I have to prove it?
I started this thread for a reason and still don't know where to post my logs.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
You might want to use xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com. Please update to 14.2 beta1 before testing.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-02-22, 15:59)mkortstiege Wrote: You might want to use xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com. Please update to 14.2 beta1 before testing.

Thnx, will upload when I get home.
So has anything been changed in that beta for the database?
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Yes. Beta includes a few fixes that are infoscanner related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update library on starup0