Problem with IMX-h264 codec
Hey community,

I'm new to this forum and I hope that this is the correct section for my question.
I'm using a custom OpenELEC 5.0.0 build which enables PCIe support. So I could not simply upgrade to a newer version, to do some tests..

I have several video streams, that have a frequent stutter after some playback time. The video plays fine the first 3-4 minutes, but then it stutters around every 10-20 seconds. I mainly regocnize it on the german TV online media center ZDF (e.g. movies titled with "Film der Woche"), but also youtube was affected with some videos.

I've created a gallery containing two images:
watch gallery

The first image (h264 (Main)) shows the playback information of the errornous stream. The second image (h264 (High)) has no problems at all. It seems like all h264 with profile Main are affected.

As long as the stream plays without any errors, the values fr:25.000 and fps:25.00 do not change at all. FPS may have a short change of about 0.02 for 1-2 seconds, but thats it.
As soon as the stuttering begins, the FPS change quite frequently from 22.xx up to 25.xx.

Any idea what I can do to fix that? Any settings, that I'm missing or is this a bug in the codec?

Thanks Smile
Start with a Debug Log ... as always.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sorry for my late answer. I was busy and wanted to update to the latest OpenELEC first.
My current setup is based on a HumminBoard (IMX6) with OpenELEC 5.0.5 + PCIe enabled + Intel Wifi PCIe

I've uploaded the requested log to XBMC-Logs. There are quite a lot of ERRORs, mainly labeled with "CecLogMessage". Additionally there are a lot of messages labeled with "CDVDClock:Big Griniscontinuity".

Tomorrow I will try to download the video and play it from the sdcard. But I don't think, that it has something todo with streaming the video from the internet.
a) Disable CEC in the options.
b) Use this build: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...2349b5.tar, sorry: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...7ca9a0.tar

IMX is currently heavily reworked ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
And something else: Avoid pressing "o" ...
Thanks for you fast reply, I will test it tomorrow.
More information you can find here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211289 (it's not only about deinterlacing, which your live tv needs, but also for progressive performance) - source code you can find on my OpenELEC imx-master branch
I have compiled your imx-master branch myself to also enable PCIe as it is a requirement for my needs.
I still have the stutters from time to time (far less than before). It appeared to be working for about 15min. But after I opened some gui overlays (available videos from ZDF, home screen - both with the active video in the background) they did not disappear anymore. Even a restart or a disconnect of the power supply did not help.

In the 01_KODI.log I see messages like
Quote:Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)
20:43:40 T:1638921280 ERROR: CBitstreamConverter::Convert: error converting.
20:43:40 T:1638921280 ERROR: Decode - bitstream_convert error
20:43:40 T:1638921280 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
20:43:40 T:1638921280 WARNING: Previous line repeats 5 times.
which are new to me.

Additionally it mentions a crashlog created today at 20:04.
Quote:Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
#0 0x006c006a in CWinSystemEGL::UpdateResolutions() ()

But I think both quotes are because of the WIP.

------

I have some overlay issues when I enable e.g. the video-bar on the bottom of the screen (showing video controls, etc). Instead of beeing transparent it is totally black and only the upper part is getting more transparent, but with hard steps (made from black dots).

----------------------------

Do you need a new debug log or something like this or should I simply wait until the rework is finished?
The first error is not related to the commits. The second is mostly related to: https://github.com/fritsch/OpenELEC.tv/c...168e86453c - remove it please.
The rework is already done, it was merged into kodi v15.

Edit: Make sure you don't have a custom DirtyRegion method set ... all methods besides the default is broken.
DirtyRegions could only be configured using an advancedsettings.xml, correct? I don't have one.

So I will wait until OpenELEC is shipped with v15. If I have the same issue again, I will come back to this topic.

Thanks for your help Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with IMX-h264 codec0