Raspberry Pi closed captions stuttering issue
Hi:

I recently installed in my Pi B+ one of the most recent commits (Feb 17) of Openelec to take advantage of Kodi 15 which is able to play closed captions. Every time I turned on the closed captions the video stutters every few seconds. I am playing 720p video that I encoded using Windows Media Center. The video is being streamed through a 100 Mbps network. I have no problem streaming the video when closed captions are off. The Pi is overclocked with the Turbo settings. Does anybody have this problem? Any ideas?
Can you provide a sample file that has this issue?
Sure I just recorded 30 seconds of a show and it shows the stuttering issue. Is about 50 MB file. What will be the best way to share this file? Thanks
Dropbox or Google drive are good ways.
I've investigated. The closed captions can produce hundreds of subtitle updates a second (you can see them updating furiously) and that leads to video underrunning and stuttering.

I've added a commit to limit these updates to 10 per second which helps. Can you try tonight's Milhouse build which should have the new commit.
I tried the new build by Milhouse and it seems to be working perfect. Thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi closed captions stuttering issue0