Release New York Times Video Addon !
Thumbs Up 
Hi Guys!

I whipped up a new New York Times Video ADDON. The video journalism from the New York Times is excellent. I coded this from scratch. Please install it and let me know what you think - if it's useful? is it working? Report any bugs or anything I can do better! If you want to help check the TODO list in the README/Changelog. Okay Without further ado: New York Times Video!

DOWNLOAD PLUGIN.VIDEO.NYTIMES.ZIP

HOW TO INSTALL FROM ZIP

GITHUB REPOSITORY: FOR CODE AND BUGS AND BRANCHES AND STUFF

Hopefully we can migrate this to the repository if it's cake!

TL;DR:

I discovered the NYTIMES plugin along time ago when KODI was **** - and I loved it. So informative! Then one day it broke and I was sad. The KODI Helix came out and it still didn't work. I check the github of the master coder jbeluch who crafted it and discovered it was untouched since 2012! I decided to code a new one from scratch since the old one was brightcove. Now it works and now I have to hold back my desire to make 10 more addons!
awesome! no bug reports - submitting it to the repository!
Enjoy!
Thank-you, works great.
I updated the plugin, now it always gets you the Highest quality HD video more features soon. The link is uodated now to the git hub repo, and ill see if its accepted as a full release to the kodi helix repo
Could you please make the addon so that I can change resolution of the videos because 1080 is so big that I can't play it, my net is too slow.

I also have Vimeo where they have NYT channel but they don't have the latest vids lile "Bible Belt Atheist" that is only available on NYT addon.
Seems like an interesting addon and I do have faster internet but I'm still unable to watch videos in such high HD, so could you at least allow people to set larger cache?
Angry,

You can manually change one line in the addon to lower the bitrate. When I did this it went from about 11mb/sec down to 4mb/sec

Using a text editor such as notepad, modify the 33rd line in the "addon.py" file
video_list = sorted(videos, reverse=True)

Change True to False.
video_list = sorted(videos, reverse=False)

This will load up a lower bitrate video. I was trying to make it a setting you can change in Kodi, but I'm no programmer.
Thanks a lot mrdally204! I can finally watch videos on this addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New York Times Video Addon !1