Central XBMC server to replace all DVRs in home
@jjo165 go to your hdhomerun prime Ip address in a Web browser and click the Channel lineup link. That will give you a good idea of what you can get in kodi. They channels that have a drm icon next to them will not be available in anything but wmc.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-03-25, 20:53)jjo165 Wrote: Nickr,

Thanks for that. Can i substitute something like a G-Box for the "computer" at each of my TVs and then have Kodi run from my main PC? I haven't seen any clear articles on how to network multiple Kodi Boxes to a single backend PVR or Kodi instance. If you can point to an article, i'll dig into that before asking additional questions.

I had a past set up with WMC and Xbox360s. I'm trying to emulate that but i'd like to use Kodi with my HDHRPrime. I'm dealing with the classic "it has to be seamless for my wife" hurdle.

I don't have a clue what a g-box is, but if it runs kodi and deinterlaces well, it should be fine. However I suspect it is a android box, which i would avoid. An rpi2 would be more reliable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nickr, he is referring to G-Box midnight box, I think which is an android box. Pretty popular on amazon but nowhere as good as Chromebox or Fire Tv.
Thank you all for the responses. I think i'm going to purchase a couple of Matricom G-Box Q for the TVs pair them with a WMC/ServerWMC setup with my NAS for the storage. The only thing i'm not sure of is how the new HDHRprime KODI add-in will work with the guide in WMC. However, i may not be understanding that correctly so it may not matter.

It will probably take me a couple weeks to get the Q boxes and MOCA adapters in and everything up and running. I'll post final configurations once everything is stable. Stable = wife not screaming about her DVR box missing.
Tto clarify, i'm looking at the Q Box or the 2015 Dazzle from Mobi versus the Fire TV because i'm trying to avoid side loading, home screen mods, etc. The Dazzle uses an A9 S812 chip with 2GB of ram and a Gigabit port. supposedly the remote included with the Dazzle is easier to use with live tv or program guides because it has full number support and includes more USB ports than the Fire TV.That paired with multiple Chromecasts already in the house puts the FireTV on the back burner. The only draw back is the delay shipping they are currently experiencing. That would force me to the Q-Box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Central XBMC server to replace all DVRs in home0