FireTV v51.1.4.3 FW anyone having problems with kodi?
Hi all,

I've been holding back on setting up my ftv box, due to amazon about to release a new update,.... well from what I have read, It has been released for uk users, and I have read that a few people who have units that are not rootable (myself included) have been having issues with the new firmware.
Some of the things I have read are units not turning back on, kodi (latest version) crashing automatically,..... or when rebooted they end up with a dead unit. (cannot turn back on at all).

Could some kind people please reply if they have had there Fire TV Boxes updated and if they have had any problems with there fire tv boxes or with sideloaded kodi.

would appreciate replies as I will be going to set my own one up this weekend and just need to know if there is anything to watch out for.

thanks chaps...
sadsack007...
No problem with my FireTV. I'm running the latest firmware 51.1.4.3 (non-rooted) and Kodi 14.2 beta 1 sideloaded. Kodi 14.1 also ran ok.

No crashes, it goes to sleep mode after a while and wakes up when you hit the remote.
HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2015-02-20, 10:00)loekf Wrote: it goes to sleep mode after a while
With Kodi? Strange, the PR allowing this hasn't been merged, yet.
Thanks for the reply loekf,

only one reply,..... I take it that either lots of people are blocking updates or there's simply nothing to worry about.

This was the link that i was reading,.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire-tv/...x-t3031851

after a nights sleep I had another look at said posts.... and one thing i did notice, was the very low postings of the people with problems.
(2015-02-20, 14:39)Koying Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 10:00)loekf Wrote: it goes to sleep mode after a while
With Kodi? Strange, the PR allowing this hasn't been merged, yet.

I take it that doesn't apply to SPMC, as the AFTV goes to sleep after thirty minutes with SPMC open but idle.....?

For the OP : No issues at all with running SPMC and the latest AFTV firmware

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV v51.1.4.3 FW anyone having problems with kodi?0