need more advice-sorry.
(2015-02-27, 01:10)calev Wrote: Chromebox, kodibuntu and Chome work pretty good for me.

that is the first item on my wish list.
however i was really hoping to do it with a Pi2.
right now budget is the issue.

looks like i was trying to fit 10 pound in the 5 pound pi. Smile

thanks
(2015-02-26, 23:54)mxlance Wrote: thank you for your reply.

how unstable is xbain?
is xbain any worse than say windows or os x?

this is frustrating, just when think i may have found a solution it all goes wrong.

thank for your advice.

I understand your frustration as this has happened for every technology purchase I've made. Xbian strives for bleeding edge software and a rolling update model similar Arch Linux. While this is great as you get the latest and greatest software after a short testing period, the flip side is that there may be an update that breaks something(s). If you do not have the knowledge or are unwilling to delve into the commandline to fix the issue, you will be stuck and will have to start over.

That said Xbian does have a way off doing snapshots of the system so that if an update breaks something(s), you can rollback to known, safe setup. I am currently unsure as to how that is presented to the end user however.
thanks for the reply and additional info.
i have only ever used apple/macs for 30 years. fumble my way through widows from time to time.
never used the command line until recently.
however i am starting to learn skinning, so i am not afraid to jump in and learn new tricks.

question: can you control xbain updates. skip updating until reports prove it stable, much as i have done on osx.

as you can see i am still trying to find a way to make this work for my on a pi.

thanks for the help.
(2015-02-23, 10:16)Ned Scott Wrote: A Pi2 can do a web browser and Kodi on the same install, but it won't do flash.

Pretty sure you can do chromium + pepperflash copied from an arm chromebook...

$ file libpepflashplayer.so
libpepflashplayer.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=342d61e68fb77c5aafce2ee1ef0465b03de54d48, stripped
(2015-02-27, 18:15)naloj Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 10:16)Ned Scott Wrote: A Pi2 can do a web browser and Kodi on the same install, but it won't do flash.

Pretty sure you can do chromium + pepperflash copied from an arm chromebook...

$ file libpepflashplayer.so
libpepflashplayer.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, BuildID[sha1]=342d61e68fb77c5aafce2ee1ef0465b03de54d48, stripped

thanks for the reply.

which os would that be?
i have no idea what that last part of your reply means. i do not yet have a pi and have not started learning any of how to's.
still researching the if i can part. but i will google what you wrote.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need more advice-sorry.0