Getting very frustrated with Pi 2
(2015-02-21, 03:26)ashman70 Wrote: I've been using media scrapers for years, usually ember media manager but more recently Media Center Master, all my movies are in individual folders with their metadata and all tv shows are in their respective folders with seasons etc and their metadata. I am a little confused on what you want me to do.

You are ahead of the game then and do not need to do anything more.
My statement was just general help for those users who complain of slow library navigation speeds and scraping issues, especially on single core Kodi devices. Wetek Play users run into similar issues.

The RPI 2 does scrape faster due to multicores, but is still limited with a large media library by slow SD card write speeds. It would be interesting to compare a USB 3 drive equipped RPi scraping a large media library compared to a SD card only setup.

Since I got a 16GB class 10 Lexar card today, its scraping at lightening speed, I mean with the craptastic Kingston cards it was taking over two days to scrape my TV shows of which I have 263, today with the Lexar it did it in under 2 hours.
I scrape with MediaElch on a iMac and then transfer folders to my NAS. The just released version of MediaElch is lightning fast, it will scrape numerous files at the same time using a multithreaded process. Far far quicker than the RPi when you have a large media library. Smile

I tried Media Elch years ago, didn't like it for some reason or another, paid for a lifetime license for Media Center Master, between that and Ember I think I am set. Whatever works for you, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting very frustrated with Pi 20