Android Amazon FireTV Kodi 14 Problems Video Playback
Hello all,

I installed Kodi 14 on my amazon firetv (non-rooted) and have problems playing videos.

The videos are on a 1 TB NTFS external harddrive connected to a fritzbox via usb.
I connected to the harddrive via smb and this worked really fine and easy.
Music playback of my mp3s runs great as supposed.

But: I have problems playing videos. No matter what file type. When I try to play a video one of these random things happens:

1. The video is played correctly but stops after 10 - 40 min and cannot be resumed. Sometimes I can start it from beginning and skip to the time, where ist stopped, sometimes not.
2. The video does not start at all.
3. A random part of a random video is played or a random mp3 is played instead of the video I clicked on. (This happens most of the time and is totally annoying.)

Closing and restarting Kodi does not solve the issue. Deleting the smb source and adding it again does solve the problem in rare cases but in most cases not.

Any ideas?
Debug log (wiki)

How are they connected?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello,

thank you for your reply but I found out the the problem is not Kodi related. My hdd seems to randomly mix files. I hope a complete reformat will solve this problem.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon FireTV Kodi 14 Problems Video Playback0