Play Smart Playlist from widget
Hi

Forgive me if this is a general question, and therefore the wrong forum.

But how would one go about adding a playlist to a widget and then make it so that a click will start playing and not show the playlist?

I'm thinking custom commands might be the way to go??

and lastly; thank you so much for making this skin. It's really beautiful. I especially enjoy the simplistic look, the way colors are used to emphasize elements. And the animations. It's great work!!!

Thanks
Hi terle

I am going to make a massive assumption - when you say widget, do you mean one of the smaller square icons? The widgets are the big fanart sized ones in the middle of the home/movies/tv/music sections.

If you do mean the big widget boxes then any custom playlist you load in the widget plays that video/audio file directly (not the whole playlist).

If you mean the smaller square icons, then any playlist you add their will load the playlist and will not auto play. I am not aware of a way to make a playlist auto play in kodi when selected, but I could be wrong. This is a kodi limitation.

Cheers
Hi eskay993.

You have assumed correctly Smile That is exactly what I meant.

I have little knowledge of the inner workings of both skinning and Kodi, but I have been able to add the playlist as menu item in the skin Amber and have it start playing directly. I was presented a menu, when adding the playlist, where I could choose to show or play items. So I'd like to challenge your assumption that this cannot be done Wink

Just to be absolutely clear of what I want to do.
  • I have a smart playlist!
    • Series = Big Bang
    • LastPlay > (today-90 days)
    • ItemLimit = 3
    • Order = DESC
    • (Gives me 3 episodes that hasn't been played in the last 3 months.)

• I'd like Kodi to start playing this playlist with a single click.

I'm thinking that, if I can start a playlist with a custom command(http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions), E.g. PlayerControl(command) or PlayMedia.
Then perhaps I'm able to instruct 1080XF to issue this command on small-square-icon-click.

I will start digging Smile

Thanks for replying
OK, I was overcomplicating things... Smile
  • Add smart playlist as Favorite
  • To tile/home item choose Favorite as TYPE and add the playlist
  • 1080xf will, as Amber does, ask you want to show or play items.

Problem solved!!RoflRofl
(2015-02-22, 13:10)terle Wrote: OK, I was overcomplicating things... Smile

Problem solved!!RoflRofl

Glad you resolved it, I was really trying to understand what you wanted to achieve - but I couldn't, now I do and should have given instructions Tongue
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-22, 13:10)terle Wrote: OK, I was overcomplicating things... Smile

Problem solved!!RoflRofl

How odd! I wonder why you get that pop-up only when adding a favourite, but not when you directly play it or add it as a Playlist. Glad you go it working though!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play Smart Playlist from widget0