2 Pi2 's, MythTV PVR crashes
First - a big Thanks! for the MythTV features in XBMC/Kodi.

Second - I am totally psyched to have 2 Pi model 2's to play with. One Pi 2 is running a MythTV Backend (installed from multimedia-deb backports) on Raspian.

The second Pi2 is running OpenElec 5.0.3, and is using the MythTV PVR. When this Kodi Pi 2 is loading the Myth TV PVR data (the "EPG data from clients"), it resets Kodi when the progress bar is close to the end. The reset is odd - not all the way down to the cold boot splash screen, but the Kodi desktop goes black, and then shows again, as if it was just loaded (in half a second). This cycle can go on many times (reseting, reloading PVR, resetting, ...). Sometimes it will settle down and stop reseting. Other times it eventually hangs. When it does not hang, but settles down, as soon as I select TV and one of the TV sub menus (e.g. Recordings, EPG), it is likely to reset Kodi again.

Any ideas? Could it be the bleeding edge backend, or the Kodi MythTV PVR client on the front end?

(Either way, it's a joy to see how much faster things are with the Pi 2).

Thanks!
Versions? Mythtv, pvr.mythtv
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
MythTV PVR Client: 1.11.2

MythTV Backend:
$ apt-cache policy mythtv
mythtv:
Installed: 0.27.4+fixes20141029-dmo1+wheezy+bp1
Candidate: 0.27.4+fixes20141029-dmo1+wheezy+bp1
Version table:
*** 0.27.4+fixes20141029-dmo1+wheezy+bp1 0
500 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy-backports/main armhf Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
0.26.2-dmo1 0
500 http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy/main armhf Packages
Try a more up to date pvr.mythtv from here: https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...enELEC-5.0

Note there is pi and a pi2 version. Download it, place it on the pi2 in /storage (use smb or scp). Then use 'install from zip' in the rpi gui to install it. It will override the built in one.

PS that directory is janbar's, the author of the pvr.mythtv addon. So should be safe.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Cool. I am trying pvr.mythtv v 1.12.6 now. So far, so good.

Just to muddy the water, I have switched to a different power supply (after I learned the colored square near the top right corner indicates an under-voltage).

Either way, no crashes/resets yet.

BTW, anybody building a list of Pi2 power supplies? I'm finding many supplies that worked fine on B, B+ are not sufficient for B2.
I am having the same problem. MythTV PVR is crashing on Raspberry Pi 2. I have validated that it only occurs with the MythTV PVR and only on the Pi version 2. I have used multiple configurations, including a clean install.

Log File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1rzvZX...sp=sharing

Computer: Raspberry Pi 2
Front End OS: OpenElec 5.0.3

Back End PVR: MythTV 0.27.4 (hosted independently)
Have you tried what I suggested?
I have not as the link reports it is unsafe and may be attempting to attack my computer. I assume it is related to an invalid SSL certificate, but I chose not to take the risk.
Yes it is an ssl certificate.

Best you compile your own. Have fun.
FWIW, I blithely ignored the warning and downloaded away. So far, no problems, and much more stable MythTV PVR. I will post if my pi goes rogue.
As I have already said, it is janbar's compiles - he is the author of the addon.
Yes, I realize that. My comment was meant a bit tongue in cheek. (Sorry, hard to get across in text). Because the binary is from the plugin author, I didn't worry about the download warning, and I wanted to let bmfesta2009 know I had not suffered any ill effects from running janbar's latest plugin.
You are right, some things are hard to convey in plain text. No offence intended.

I wonder what a rogue rpi would look like?
Here's where I wish I had any talent as a cartoonist. I'm thinking the RaspberryPi Logo, with a sinister mustache. Wink
I have downloaded the updated PVR and it is working for me. I have also brought the link over the openelec forum as to share the information with others experiencing the problem. Thank you for your assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Pi2 's, MythTV PVR crashes0