2 Pi2 's, MythTV PVR crashes
Excellent. Pleased it is working for you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, as @nickr said i provide binary of the addon for rpi from my personal cloud. I haven't find other way more secure, because using public download sites you have lot of chances to get tainted binaries. "www.canneasucre.org" is my personal domain hosted in a secure host. br.

edit: the certificate is auto-signed because i don't want to waste money for my personal could.
I added the new plugin to my just installed pi 2 system but I can't get it to work. The PVR feature is greyed out. If I install one of the dummy PVRs OpenElec recognizes that one and enables live TV just fine.

I do have MythTV .25 if that matters. I have configured the backend IP address and the code to access it.

Any thoughts what could be happening?

Thanks for any help
I hope these OpenELEC users remember to switch back to the stock pvr.mythtv addon once the problem with atomics (the cause of the RPi2 problem) is available in an official OpenELEC release, otherwise they'll not receive further mythtv addon updates. Unfortunately the fix didn't make it into OpenELEC 5.0.4.

Another solution to the crashing problem is to use an RPi2 OpenELEC test build (based on Kodi 15) that includes the latest (and fixed) pvr.mythv addon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211501
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-26, 05:46)Aixelsyd Wrote: I added the new plugin to my just installed pi 2 system but I can't get it to work. The PVR feature is greyed out. If I install one of the dummy PVRs OpenElec recognizes that one and enables live TV just fine.

I do have MythTV .25 if that matters. I have configured the backend IP address and the code to access it.

Any thoughts what could be happening?

Thanks for any help
Yes the problem is myth 0.25. You need 0.27.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-26, 07:31)nickr Wrote: Yes the problem is myth 0.25. You need 0.27.

I thought that could be it. I only upgrade when I have to and now I have the reason. Thank you!
(2015-02-26, 06:46)Milhouse Wrote: I hope these OpenELEC users remember to switch back to the stock pvr.mythtv addon once the problem with atomics (the cause of the RPi2 problem) is available in an official OpenELEC release, otherwise they'll not receive further mythtv addon updates. Unfortunately the fix didn't make it into OpenELEC 5.0.4.

Another solution to the crashing problem is to use an RPi2 OpenELEC test build (based on Kodi 15) that includes the latest (and fixed) pvr.mythv addon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211501

@Milhouse, thanks for you help. I always expect my PR for helix to be merged. Until today no more news about but i hope Wink
(2015-02-22, 01:54)bhamail Wrote: First - a big Thanks! for the MythTV features in XBMC/Kodi.

Second - I am totally psyched to have 2 Pi model 2's to play with. One Pi 2 is running a MythTV Backend (installed from multimedia-deb backports) on Raspian.

The second Pi2 is running OpenElec 5.0.3, and is using the MythTV PVR. When this Kodi Pi 2 is loading the Myth TV PVR data (the "EPG data from clients"), it resets Kodi when the progress bar is close to the end. The reset is odd - not all the way down to the cold boot splash screen, but the Kodi desktop goes black, and then shows again, as if it was just loaded (in half a second). This cycle can go on many times (reseting, reloading PVR, resetting, ...). Sometimes it will settle down and stop reseting. Other times it eventually hangs. When it does not hang, but settles down, as soon as I select TV and one of the TV sub menus (e.g. Recordings, EPG), it is likely to reset Kodi again.

Any ideas? Could it be the bleeding edge backend, or the Kodi MythTV PVR client on the front end?

(Either way, it's a joy to see how much faster things are with the Pi 2).

Thanks!

Could you give a few instructions on how to get the myth backend installed on wheezy? I've googled all over and haven't found anything current.

EDIT: adding 'backport' to my search terms helped me find the trail, thanks. trying now Smile
@bluenote - glad you found that. I've been planning to post some simple "steps", but just haven't had a chance yet. Please do post a link here for any others that are interested.

The short version is:
1. Add the deb-multimedia repos and backports to your apt config. (This causes the newer mythtv packages to be installed).
2. Just run "apt-get install mythtv..." like you would on any other platform. I think most of the gotchas others have noted didn't happen to me the most recent time I did this.

Please post back if you hit any gotchas.

Keep in mind, with a Pi2 - the mythtv-backend runs nicely. With an pi 1 (b, b+) the backend is not quite fast enough in my opinion.
So I've had an eventful two days of messing with this. I did have quite a few gotchas but they were probably caused by my noobishness with linux and myth. (I now have myth, mythweb, and XML tv import working, as well as a proof of concept XBMC front end that is able to use the backend, but that lives on a window PC for the moment.

One thing that IS a pain in the butt right now, is that all commercial detects abort with a memory error. memory corruption / invalid pointer / etc. I get this running manually from the cmd line to test.
Are you able to do commercial detection?

It's at 'finding logo' that it craps out every time. I guess the first thing I'll have to do is change the memory split, but I actually think I've got memory to spare from what I can see.

I know this may not be the most appropriate place, but as long as we're discussing this, I found this: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11993 which seems to mirror my experiences.

EDIT: For everyone else that may come along, here's the instructions I followed:
https://dcandy.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/...on-debian/
(2015-02-26, 06:46)Milhouse Wrote: I hope these OpenELEC users remember to switch back to the stock pvr.mythtv addon once the problem with atomics (the cause of the RPi2 problem) is available in an official OpenELEC release, otherwise they'll not receive further mythtv addon updates.

How do you do that? I deleted it before installing "janbar" build, now i can't find the original add-on in the add-on library.
pvr.mythtv is included as standard in OpenELEC (at least for now), and I'm assuming any third-party addon will override the built-in addon, so deleting the third-party add-on should get you back to the built-in.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-03-16, 21:30)LarssonDK Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 06:46)Milhouse Wrote: I hope these OpenELEC users remember to switch back to the stock pvr.mythtv addon once the problem with atomics (the cause of the RPi2 problem) is available in an official OpenELEC release, otherwise they'll not receive further mythtv addon updates.

How do you do that? I deleted it before installing "janbar" build, now i can't find the original add-on in the add-on library.

Don't afraid, you have just to uninstall the addon again and you will retrieve old provided by the distrib. But really now the provided version is obsolete regarding the development activity. Also our PR are not merged in time to be included. I would prefer OpenELEC team get directly lastest version from my repository. In the repository "pvr.mythtv" I provide a backport to helix using the new build-system, but is it possible team use it to provide update for OpenELEC-5.0 ?
Can't speak for OpenELEC 5.x, but I think the plan in future is to use the kodi/pvr repository - this is where I'm currently pulling all pvr add-ons included in my Kodi 15 OpenELEC test builds. Longer term, add-ons may not be included as standard but installed from an OpenELEC repository.
Great, I think it will be better for users to get latest version. Using new account kodi-pvr is already an improvement because you can cherry-pick what you need addon per addon. Also when we will have right to push, you will find latest fixes users want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Pi2 's, MythTV PVR crashes0