Using Github for an add-on repository
I've noticed a couple of people use Github to host a Kodi add-on repository - is this considered a good method? I'd like to set my own up as it would certainly make things easier.

Edit: here's one example that appears to be a standard installable add-on repository: https://github.com/kuruoujou/kuroshi-xbmc-repo

Any opinions/pointers would be very much appreciated.

P.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I like it, sure beats uploading builds to some uploading site every time Smile And much easier for your users of course as they can get new builds automatically. I purely use it for beta builds, I keep it separate from the versions on the Kodi repo. It's also useful to test with versions of dependencies that aren't available on the Kodi repo yet.

Especially if you're already using Git I would recommend it.
(2015-02-22, 14:09)Jeroen Wrote: I like it, sure beats uploading builds to some uploading site every time Smile And much easier for your users of course as they can get new builds automatically. I purely use it for beta builds, I keep it separate from the versions on the Kodi repo. It's also useful to test with versions of dependencies that aren't available on the Kodi repo yet.

Especially if you're already using Git I would recommend it.

I am already using git and need to upload a couple more projects there - I'll take a look at how you've set yours up and see if I can figure it out.

Cheers for the reply Smile
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
It's not too difficult, it's just getting the zip for your repository to places like kodi or others for people to access initially.

There's a few OLD walk throughs around even. But mainly means having python (or I use iron python) installed to run python files outside of kodi, though could probably be linked by a kodi addon to start it... anyways basically means setting up the folders uncompressed for each thing you want in it including one for the repository itself. Then you make a "zips" or "repo" folder or whatever you have it named in the repository's addons.xml file and the .py used to make it. then you make a new folder insize the zips/repo folder for each project with its same name.. and put the addon.xml, changelog.txt, icon.png, fanart.jpg and the project-0.0.1.zip style zip files for each project into its folder then place the well known file "addons_xml_generator.py" or one of the similarly used .py files into the main folder where the zips/repo folder and the uncompressed folders exist and run that. I add a link to my 32bit exe for ironpython into my SendTo folder on windows so i can simply right click and sendto the file to it easily. it'll make up the addons.xml and addons.xml.md5 file.. the .md5 file often times doesnt upload to github though due to whatever reason or another, causing a need to force refresh at times, however. Anyways you can always look into the generator .py file to tweak things about it's setup too. Github has a nice windows desktop app that makes things easier than using plain git, but that surely works even better if your used to plain git usage.
where can i find how to create repository for kodi ?

thanks
lior
Lior read in here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_a_re...or_add-ons
One thing to be aware off is a limitation on the size of files you can upload. I think the max is 100mb. If your files will not exceed that limit then it should be pretty good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Github for an add-on repository0