PVR addons move to new repository!
Hi guys, so what's the next step? Me and krustyreturns need to "claim" pvr.wmc and also I have a PR to fix the version number of pvr.wmc

What's the plan with the Series Recording changes that Glenn1990 has PR pending, once we merge that Ive got the corresponding pvr.wmc changes to support it ready as well.

We need to make sure these enhancements go in I**** but Im not sure when dates are for alpha beta etc etc? Hopefully the only PVR change in I**** wont be a new make system (which obviuosly the users wont care one way or another Smile )
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2015-02-25, 23:12)dhead Wrote: @FernetMenta

Lets say I'm building from the alpha2 tag when the merge window of alpha3 is open, a pvr api change has been merge to the I*** branch at an addon's repo (following changes in alpha3 merged to kodi), this might cause an addon runtime or build time breakage, so I'm not sure only having branch as parameter to the cmake system is a good idea.

for personal builds you can point to any branch or rev. my idea was that jenkins which builds kodi from master pulls the latest changes from a particular branch. addon changes would show up in the nightlies without a change in kodi
(2015-02-26, 10:03)ironic_monkey Wrote: For packaging i reckon it is best to use standalone builds rather than the in-tree buildsystem which really only is necessary for cross builds and windows. The install target of kodi installs everything needed from kodi to build the addon. Since you be using native packaging tools you are free to specify what you build however you want.

Oh, I wasn't aware I can build the addons outside of the kodi tree (yep, I didn't looked at the addons cmake configs), I'm guessing kodi-platform only created for that purpose, this is much preferred.

(2015-02-26, 10:44)FernetMenta Wrote: for personal builds you can point to any branch or rev. my idea was that jenkins which builds kodi from master pulls the latest changes from a particular branch. addon changes would show up in the nightlies without a change in kodi

Yeh, you are right and for personal builds compiling the addons outside of Kodi tree is much better choice (I guess also for maintaining packages).
It would be great to have the recent addons' versions in the nightlies, this would much help when instructing translators to verify strings of the binary addons in Kodi's interface, as a language reviewer I saw too many out of context translations.
@scarecrow420 you fork the repository hudo has prepared for you, confirm everything is in order, and request that hudo transfer ownership. then everything is back to normal, you dev in your repo, and a mechanism for pull requests will be available soonish (discussions going on regarding the details).

this will only be an advantage for addon developers once everything is in place. then these addons will be like any other, skin, plugin etc - they can be bumped at any time and on an individual basis and kodi.tv will handle the distribution.
No need to fork. I can transfer ownership now.

I assume you guys are using krustyreturns's github account (that's where I see all the action...) so will transfer there.

EDIT: krusty should have an alert on github / email asking to confirm transfer.
(2015-02-26, 10:39)scarecrow420 Wrote: We need to make sure these enhancements go in I**** but Im not sure when dates are for alpha beta etc etc? Hopefully the only PVR change in I**** wont be a new make system (which obviuosly the users wont care one way or another Smile )

I expect https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6227 to be merged coming week. We need some jenkins modifications and then we are back to normal and can review the series recording PR.
@h.udo
please transfer pvr.iptvsimple to afedchin acount.
I haven't checked but I think a transfer of ownership won't change URL. If it does, please notify Montellese.
(2015-02-27, 15:01)afedchin Wrote: @h.udo
please transfer pvr.iptvsimple to afedchin acount.

Done! Thanks.

@FernetMenta, what do you mean?

It changes URL from https://github.com/hudokkow/pvr.iptvsimple to https://github.com/afedchin/pvr.iptvsimple

And yes, we need to keep @Montellese informed and start testing.
@FernetMenta
The old url redirects to a new one.

@h.udo
Thank you too.
(2015-02-27, 15:40)afedchin Wrote: @FernetMenta
The old url redirects to a new one.

@h.udo
Thank you too.

Didn't noticed that one until now! Great!
(2015-02-27, 13:11)h.udo Wrote: No need to fork. I can transfer ownership now.
So the idea about moving PVR repos to the XBMC foundation account + push access for the maintainers is gone?
If so, what's the best way to integrate Transifex (language updates) into the new setup? Will there still be automatic updates or do we have to take care of that?

I'm on vacation right now so replies will take a bit longer. Anyway, please transfer ownership of pvr.dvbviewer to manuelm. Thanks in advance.
(2015-02-27, 19:25)manül Wrote: So the idea about moving PVR repos to the XBMC foundation account + push access for the maintainers is gone?

Consider the mentioned PR for series recording. Would you expect Glenn1990 to send PRs to 10 repositories? That certainly won't work. IMO the story is simple: either the maintainers of the addons keep their addons up-to-date or they won't build.

Regarding translation I will check.
No, of course not. I would expect Glenn1990 to inform the PVR maintainers about the API change either before or after the new feature had been pulled. By forum post, PM, github @mention, mailinglist, or any other channel. If a maintainer doesn't respond within a reasonable time span and a beta is coming close someone from the team can step up and quickly fix the failing PVR.

With all PVRs spread across various accounts fixing a failing PVR will also require to modify the reference to the PVR in the build system.
(2015-02-27, 19:25)manül Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 13:11)h.udo Wrote: No need to fork. I can transfer ownership now.
So the idea about moving PVR repos to the XBMC foundation account + push access for the maintainers is gone?
If so, what's the best way to integrate Transifex (language updates) into the new setup? Will there still be automatic updates or do we have to take care of that?

I'm on vacation right now so replies will take a bit longer. Anyway, please transfer ownership of pvr.dvbviewer to manuelm. Thanks in advance.

Transfer process started and is valid for 24h (github deadline).

EDIT: transfer completed.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addons move to new repository!0