Error getting music source location
I get thousands of lines of the type below in my log:

Code:
22:43:07 T:140671482832640 WARNING: Process directory '/storage/music/Albums/Supertramp' does not exist - skipping scan.
22:43:07 T:140671482832640 WARNING: Process directory '/storage/music/Hindi/Indipop/Albums/13 D J Top Hits/' does not exist - skipping scan.
22:43:07 T:140670898677504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/music/David Guetta/Lovers on the Sun/
22:43:07 T:140670898677504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/music/Downloaded Music/
22:43:07 T:140670898677504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/music/Downloaded Music/David Guetta/
22:43:07 T:140670898677504   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/music/Downloaded Music/David Guetta/Bravo Hits 87/

I use openelec and earlier I had /storage/music folder mapped to a Music folder on a NAS on the network, it used to auto mount on boot. Now I do not have this arrangment and I have manually edited the music share to point to that very same share, so in sources.xml my path looks like

Code:
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.99/Music/</path>

That is my only music source. Yet I get the errors in the log.

Now I have even deleted the SMB path and basically there is no music source at all still the errors persist. How do I reset this folder scanning behavior?
I have just had a similar problem (I came across your question googling for an answer).

I am using kodi-buntu, with Kodi version 14.1. What appears to be happening (and I am no expert so please correct me if I am wrong) is that when scanning, kodi is issuing requests to the NAS server faster than the server can cope with them. The NAS server can only respond to some of them, and the ones that it ignores, you get the error you describe above.

This is what I did on my system (which seems to have solved the problem, but too early to say at this stage)

My NAS server supports both SMB and NFS (I have both windows and unix clients on my network).
Firstly, I switched Kodi from trying to access the music files via NAS to NFS -- this didnt solve the problem.
So instead, I directly mounted the NFS file system on the local file system -- then I set up Kodi to read the files from the local file system via the nfs mounted disk

So far, it seems to be working
I didn't get you. As I mentioned, the source folders in concern are already mounted via NFS in my case. They are not mere smb shares. I removed it and set a local source just to check whether the scanning stops, but it persists.
I misunderstood what you were asking.

But also had the problem that you described. I solved it (and I don't know if this is a good idea) by deleting the music database file (as this appears to contain the references to the storage that no longer exists) and then rescanning the library.

the database file is ~/.kodi/userdata/database/MyMusic48.db
I deleted my music database file too. But I think there is some other reference to the library. Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error getting music source location0