Win Server WMC Client Configuration
Hello,
I have ServerWMC installed and configured, PVR.WMC add-on installed and configured on same PC, and Kodi is installed, configured and running fine. Everything is working fine. I can watch AND record on this PC where all the aforementioned is installed and configured. However, on one of my Kodi clients, I cannot get it working.

My questions is... on my Kodi clients, do I need to install ServerWMC and configure WMC as well? I have scoured the guide and threads and from what I can tell, I do not believe I need to do this. But, I may be wrong.

I can access the "Recorded TV" shared folder from my Kodi clients, port 9080 is open through my router's firewall and Windows Firewall.

I am stumped. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
ServerWMC and WMC are only required on the backend

Without seeing your logs it does sound like you have a file share access problem. Ideally you should specify the user/password in ServerWMC of a windows user that has read access to the Recorded TV share. If you dont specify credentials there are various situations where despite you thinking it should work ita ctually wont (eg if youve shared with "everyone" that only means any user the server PC knows about not any anonymous user, so if your client is not in the same domain/workgroup as the server or if your client is non windows machine, it wont work).

port 9080 is used for TCP communication to get data back (channels recordings timers etc). so if that data is displaying then the port 9080 is OK. but when you actually view a Live stream or completed recording, the client is accessing the Recorded TV share over smb, thus the share permissions come into play

also if your client is something like a raspberry pi bear in mind you have to purchase MPEG2 code for it, and things like that.

If you cant get it working please post more information about your setup including the OS/Kodi versions of your server and client and post a ServerWMC log to pastebin and link it here Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks for your reply, scarecrow. Before I post the ServerWMC log, please allow me to ask one more question. Are clients able to ONLY view recordings (via SMB share) or is it possible for a client (without WMC or ServerWMC installed/configured) to view Live TV and/or record shows?

To be clear, I can access the Recorded TV folder from my client and successfully playback recordings... no problem there. I was hoping I could use my client to view Live TV and record by tapping into my WMC/ServerWMC server.
Yes you can do everything (watch recordings, schedule recordings, watch live TV) from Kodi with just the pvr.wmc PVR addon client installed, pointing at a single ServerWMC/WMC backend.

When you say you can access Recorded TV folder from your client do you mean just through the normal Videos interface in Kodi?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
When you say you can access Recorded TV folder from your client do you mean just through the normal Videos interface in Kodi? Yes.

I posted my Service Log to http://pastebin.com/EG5wvKzE.

I'm running Helix 14.2 on both the backend and my client. I've tried installing/configuring pvr.wmc client (pointing to my backend... used both the hostname and IP) with and without enabling Live TV. Still, connection lost.

I created a mapped drive on my client using the credentials I configured in ServerWMC as well.
Using Install_ServerWMC-1175 and pvr.wmc-windows-0.3.108
BTW, this is the Kodi log...

23:45:01 T:44168 ERROR: ADDON: Dll PVR WMC Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
23:45:01 T:44168 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on PVR WMC Client, status = 1
23:45:01 T:44812 NOTICE: Thread AddonStatus pvr.wmc start, auto delete: true
23:45:02 T:44168 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Couldn't get ServerWMC MAC address from custom addondata, using empty value
23:45:23 T:44168 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::connect 10.24.71.161:9080
23:45:23 T:44168 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::connect: (Winsock error=10060) Connection timed out
23:45:23 T:44168 ERROR: AddOnLog: PVR WMC Client: Socket::GetVector> Server is down
scarecrow, I believe I found and resolved my error. I found in another thread somebody had an issue with ServerWMC having different entries for the shared folder so I went back to WMC and ensured I had Recorder Storage configured correctly. I did but I then un-shared the old folder I was using and all of a sudden, my client is working. Thx for the effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Server WMC Client Configuration0