Win Problem with a movie
I am going to get rid of all the extrafanart and extrathumbs folder and play around with the settings in the Fanart downloader.
It sounds as if you have a bad or corrupted extrafanart or extrathumbs file. I would delete all of them, and rescrap them, and see if you still have this issue.

I myself, in the past have noticed this, and even though Windows was able to open the offending fanart.jpg file without issue, when XBMC tried to bring up this image, it would crash. I deleted the file, re-downloaded the file, and XBMC was working fine again.
Umm fudge-sicles,

Can you post stacktrace log if you have one
Also does issue occur if file is used from local source instead of network?

Can you try with 14.2 RC version and see if issue is still present?
OK, here I ran into the "now that's new" issue. So earlier I had mentioned that when the movie has only been added to the library the issue does not occur, but when I go and add the extrafanart I get the crash. Well, my movie Men in Black 3 does not follow. It had no extrafanart or extrathumb folders or pictures and yet it crashed. So here is where I am at

* I ended up deleting all the extranfanart and extrathumb folders from every movie and TV show.
* I removed the 3 movies this issue occurs on
* I launched Kodi and did a "clean library".
* I also deleted the sources and "clean library again"
* Shutdown and then rebooted my system
* I launched Kodi and then added back the sources.

At this point all was fine so I then processed just one of the movies (I use Media Center Master). Opened Kodi and then I went and adjusted my settings in Programs for the fanart addon. This time I said only 5 pictures and only extrafanart, no thumbs. I also just took off all other options like clearart, etc. So just extrafanart pics. Let it ran and then I went to the library and when I got to the movie, it crashed again.

So not sure, I have used MCM for my entire library and this was not a problem in version 13.2 as these 3 movies were in there back then.

@k4sh1n - that is a great idea. I will try to do this today and I will get back to you. I do have a laptop that has Kodi, but source is not network; it is all on the laptop D drive.

Not sure if this helps, but here is what is logged in Windows in the event viewer

Faulting application name: Kodi.exe, version: 14.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x54cac4fa
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea8e7
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce753
Faulting process id: 0x172c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0629a6f5d8d3d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2c5e78c0-ce8e-11e4-a898-005056c00008

Adding this for extra measure just in case.

@k4sh1n - I actually found a stacktrace log when the crash occurred yesterday. There are two so hopefully the one I am pasting is enough. Here is what is in the text document;
Thread 3892 (process 1796)
# 0
# 1
# 2

There is another file, but it is not a text doc. it is a DMP file. Let me know if you want that.

Thanks everyone for helping me chase this down.
Strange, are the paths now local, the logs indicate that the original movie paths was smb?
smb://FREENAS, etc, etc...

Your event viewer just states a heap memory access error which cause KODI to crash (basically exactly what happened, so no real info)
The stacktrace only said explorer.exe crashed

Can you zip and post all three.
I have a NAS box and then all my client systems log in to it. Then each system I setup to locate the folders on the NAS box and that's it.

I added the same movie to my laptop which the movie location is local; not networked. Same thing happens. I am going to install 14.2rc1 and report back.
Even more strange that it has been isolated across systems and sources. With the only consistency present are the files

If RC14.2 doesn't pan out:

Quote:This is also a long shot, but the file obtained may have corrupt headers, which the info pulled from the sub RIFF chunk, or XMP metadata does not contain file info or has bad info and KODI simply does not know what to do with it. (Albeit there is less likely chance of this as you have stated you have obtained file from many alternative sources and file info is summarily pulled when the file is played as opposed to just cached info AFAIK.)

This maybe the longshot case, so just as a test can you copy a known working video to the minority report video folder and label the file as minority report and perform as usual to see if the same occurs.
OK this is what I have done. I installed version 14.2rc1. Same results

On my laptop with version 14.1;
* Removed Minority Report (2002) from the local library and put it on my desktop
* Launched Kodi and did a clean of the library (which by the way is local not network)
* I took a copy of my working movie 2012, renamed it Minority Report (2002)
* Deleted the original Minority Report movie and then brought in the 2012 (renamed as Minority Report)
* Added back to the library
Launched Kodi, did a scan for new content, it found it. Went to movies and landed on it. no issues, but when I went to Information and did a refresh, same problem cropped up. Kodi crashed. I just cannot wrap my head around this issue.

Thanks for all the help, hopefully some sort of fix
Sorry that with all this mucking about your issue is still unresolved, I'm truly stumped.
Perhaps its time a Dev chimed in with there two cents
This is old, but I am still having this issue and I have not heard from any Dev. My theory is that Kodi is not removing "all" the information when you clean a removed movie. Reason is that I just noticed that this is occurring to movies where I had one, I acquired an upgraded one, removed the old one and then processed the new one. I just did "The Money Pit" and same thing is occurring with that movie.

My process is what I do above, but I think what I will do in the future is to delete the movie from inside Kodi (which does not make sense to do) but I will try that. It is the only thing I have not tried. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Just some latent thinking, but could a corrupt DB cause the issue.

Maybe test with a portable version of Helix using the -p switch, add one source file (minority report) and see hat happens

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable_mode

Quote: 1.6 Portable mode

If you wish, you may run Kodi in portable mode by adding the -p switch (in the Target field after the closing quotation mark) to the shortcut's properties used to launch Kodi. This will then use the Kodi folder itself as the Home folder, which means scripts, plugins, skins and userdata will be located in the 'portable_data' folder within the Kodi folder. This is useful for running Kodi for Windows off a USB stick for portability.
You'll have to put the Kodi folder in a place where standard users have write permission (e.g. not under Program Files) or run the shortcut as admin (even though you're logged in with an admin account). Otherwise you'll get the error message "ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting."
You will, however, have to be careful when upgrading to make sure that the userdata folder you use is not overwritten.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with a movie0