Req different pre-Settings for DVDPlayer
Hi,

influenced by new options on android-DVDPlayer in kodi (contrast-settings, deinterlace-settings) I made some thoughts about the idea of presettings for DVDPlayer depending on kind of Videofiles.

So it could makes sence to have different presettings for DVDPlayer. At the moment i can store only one Presetting for all videos in the OSD-video-settings. And when I need to change something I have to do it every time new.
The best example for me is the deinterlaceing-option. I have some videos where I have to enable the deinterlacing (SD and 1080i) - in other videos (720p) i have to switch it off.
Other examples could be Video-stretching (f.i. : 4:3 to 16:9), subtitle-settings or audio-settings.

My idea is to use therefore the playercorefactory.xml. This xml has a lot of options, where I can setup a rule which external player is to use normally. If i could use the same rules for preset the DVDplayer it would be a nice feature.

As example:
rule videoresolution=720 player=DVDPlayer (set:deinterlace:off)
rule videoresolution=576 player=DVDplayer (set: deinterlace:on, view mode: 16:9 )

What do you think about this?

SaEt9000
no one else, who is thinking, that this would be a nice feature ?

SaEt9000
those settings are stored _per file_.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
different pre-Settings for DVDPlayer0