Bug Signal strength indicators broken?
I'm on recent tvheadend (compiled yesterday), kernel 3.19, Debian Sid, dvb-t tuner ite9135. I have some weird problems with signal indicators displaying by tvheadend. Sometimes it displays percentage values (correct) sometimes something like "2.4 dB" (actually, always 2.4 dB).

In first case (percentages) I can see the same values in Kodi (press O on keyboard). Second case - Kodi displays always 100/100, obviously incorrect. It seems to be complete random, sometimes I have 2.4 dB, sometimes percentages. Do you have any idea what's wrong here?

I tested some others dvb-t software, like Kaffeine and no problems with it. Kaffeine always displays correct percentage value, each time. So values returned from device driver are correct and problem seems to be related to tvheadend.
Bump... anybody?
That's because there's no standard for drivers to report the signal strength, and Kodi assumes it is just one of those methods so the values may be off completely. There's nothing you can do about it really.
Just ignore those quality stats if everthing is fine.
I have an signal strenght of 72816879347984576981234623213% of 100%. Best signal on the planet, yay!! Tongue
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2015-03-28, 13:02)negge Wrote: That's because there's no standard for drivers to report the signal strength, and Kodi assumes it is just one of those methods so the values may be off completely. There's nothing you can do about it really.

I can only report issue. Kaffeine has no problems with displaying signal indicators. In tvheadend, it sometimes works (the same values as Kaffeine), sometimes 2.4 dB. It's random. Don't you think there is something wrong with tvheadend in this case? It should be percentage values, always.

Of course, I can ignore this issue, but it's sometimes good to have singal indicators, especially to find the best signal and set antenna position. So it's not so unimportant as it seems.

Example:
- signal indicators are ok:
- the same mux, but channel changed, tvheadend displays mess instead of signal valuese got from driver:

It looks like a bug for me.
That's strange, you should probably file a ticket on tvheadend.org.
Ticket created: https://tvheadend.org/issues/2759 - please anybody take a look into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Signal strength indicators broken?1