Kodibuntu and Google Chrome/Youtube TV
Installed Kodibuntu on my Chromebox, uninstalled Chromium and installed Google Chrome.

www.youtube.com/tv does not play videos when using a usb soundcard or HDMI. It does play with analog output.

It does work with Linux Mint (that comes preinstalled with pulseaudio). Analog, HDMI and USB sound work with youtube tv.

I have not tried pulseaudio in Kodibuntu, as I do not want to use pulse audio, and besides I don't think this would be the reason?

Does anyone know why Youtube TV doesn't work in Kodibuntu? Do I need to install an extra alsa-library or something?
Set your default audio device with asound.conf - if you want desktop apps and don't want a desktop sound systems - you need to configure your stuff manually.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have of course configured asound.conf accordingly. I have sound from spotify - both desktop and webapp, vimeo, youtube.com and so on, just not youtube.com/tv
then it most likely opens two streams and you need dmix.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Will try it out. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu and Google Chrome/Youtube TV0