Slight pausing issues creeping in - fine previously
ServerWMC log: http://pastebin.com/xyeKtcbt

So I've had ServerWMC working with Kodi just fine now for 3-4 weeks now, and just starting two days ago, it's starting to pause for .5-3 seconds every few seconds, after playing fine for about 15 seconds. I changed the buffering to add an additional 1000 ms, and it seems to have helped quite a bit. I'll have to do further testing with it.

My question is, with no change to my system, is there any reason this would just start happening after being fine for a month?

Both Kodi, and ServerWMC are on the same machine.

I did have Windows updates install on 2/17 and 2/19. Have you received any other reports of things working fine and then getting borked with updates? Other than the updates, no other changes have been made to the machine.
The log does show ServerWMC saying a couple of times it can't get data in the wtv file from WMC and also that the Kodi client has not requested data for a period of time

Could the machine or hard drive be under load at this time (did you check task manager and resource monitor) ?

Obviously you've tried rebooting?

Does it happen on every Channel?

Can you test with a remote client rather than local?

If you schedule a recording then stop it after a few minutes is the recording playback ok?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Hard drive load didn't get above 50% in resource monitor. Ram was sitting around 45% as well. CPU was around 30-50%, so it doesn't seem to be a resource issue. It does happen on multiple channels. It looks like the issue is happening on a remote machine, but I'm remoted onto that machine and won't be able to test it until I'm back home tonight. I'll also check a recording tonight.
So, there's no issues if I start a recording, and then go and watch the recording from the beginning while it's still recording. Completed recordings work fine as well. It just appears to happen when watching current live tv. I tried increasing the buffer to 5000 ms, and while it got rid of a lot of the glitches, I'm still seeing one or two per minute (basically no improvement over a 1000 ms buffer). Again, this was fine for the last month until 3 days ago.

I uninstalled all windows updates since then and that didn't resolve the issue. I also upgraded from Kodi 14.1 to 14.2 last night to fix the Windows stability issue and to see if it would fix this issue, which it did not.

It does not appear to be happening on remote machines only on the local machine.
I was wrong. I did more testing last night, and I was experiencing issues on remote machines as well. Would a reinstall help at all? So odd that it was fine for so long.
At least it makes sense that the remote machines are doing the same thing. Do you have a different disk you can test with? Or you can try moving just the location of the remuxed file to a different location, in config.xml look for the field:
RemuxCustomFolderUNC

Set it to any shared unc path, for example:
<RemuxCustomFolderUNC>//mediaserver/remuxfolder</RemuxCustomFolderUNC>
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Same problem here. Its a recent occurance. I'm still troubleshooting.
Oddly enough, the issue started happening on other videos as well, so I'm not entirely sure it is completely ServerWMC's fault, It might be a core Kodi issue on my system.

I also watched a recording I made last night and there were a LOT of issues with, like missing 3-4 seconds here and there. I'm not really sure what's going on or how to fix it, though. Let me know if you find anything to resolve your issue.
Turned off remux in the server, updated to OE 5.0.5, and rebooted everything. Everything seems ok so far. The problem might have been in OE 5.0.2.
(2015-03-02, 23:36)reluctantflux Wrote: Oddly enough, the issue started happening on other videos as well, so I'm not entirely sure it is completely ServerWMC's fault, It might be a core Kodi issue on my system.

I also watched a recording I made last night and there were a LOT of issues with, like missing 3-4 seconds here and there. I'm not really sure what's going on or how to fix it, though. Let me know if you find anything to resolve your issue.
with the recording that gave a lot of issues, you should test that recording file on another player (even another PC) to ascertain whether the recording itself contains bad/skipping video or whether it is only Kodi playing back a "good" recording file

(2015-03-04, 14:31)goblygoop Wrote: Turned off remux in the server, updated to OE 5.0.5, and rebooted everything. Everything seems ok so far. The problem might have been in OE 5.0.2.

Can you clarify what you mean by turned off remux in the server? Not sure if you are referring to using direct DLNA mode (with a HDHR tuner) or some of the other ServerWMC remux settings.
I believe Krusty was right in my instance. I know my setup is unique, but basically I'm using KVM hypervisor to run my machines, with the Host OS being Unraid (based off slackware). My ServerWMC/Kodi virtual machine qcow2 image file was located on one SSD, while I attached another qcow2 from a different SSD for the Recorded TV folder (It was mounted as a local drive). While the other SSD didn't have any other activity, and is a much newer and faster drive, as soon as I relocated the the RecordedTV folder back to the C: drive, things were smooth again. Perhaps I messed up and setup the qcow2 file improperly. I know it was working in that setup for at least a week though. Regardless, I expanded my guest's C: to incorporate the RecordedTV folder, and I'll get a new, larger drive to move him over to to resolve future space constraints.

I think my other video file being jerky was just a fluke, as I haven't had the issue again on a non-WTV file.
I run an HDHRP on comcast. All the channels (i keep) are in HD. The problem was very noticeable on the 1080 channels. The pause happened ever minute for about 3 seconds. My HD is a 5400 2TB something. The PC is an i7 with 6gb. I checked the perfmon and the IO on the drive was tiny

On SWMC (which is the most awesome thing ever), I changed the "Recordings->Remux Active recordings" to disabled. I also have "Live TV->Only remux.." disabled.
goblygoop, i dont see how either setting could have affected your live streams.

"remux active recordings" setting only comes into play if you are watching a recording that is in progress. With the setting on, we remux the in progress recording (and you can then watch it to the end even after it completes). with it off, you can only watch it up to the size it was when you started watching.

"only remux these languages" is an option to limit the audio tracks being remuxed to only certain languages. If you turn this off it just means all audio streams are being remuxed rather than just 1. if anything, remuxing only one language would be more efficient/lighter on hardware (not that remuxing should be heavy in the first place).

So yeah, I cant see how either setting would have helped your situation sorry

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slight pausing issues creeping in - fine previously0