Best way to get EPG for HDHomeRun OTA channels
(2015-02-28, 04:03)pcdude Wrote: Yes, but how do you share the source.db file that holds the stream source locations and channel order information? Or do you need to set this up on each Kodi box?

I set them up on each. I tried copying the source.db file, but although it did transfer the stream source locations, it failed to honor the channel order. I decided since I had to reorder them anyway, it wasn't a big deal to assign the stream at the same time. It only has to done once, not after schedule updates

Edit: I've since found that copying the source.db file does work. In addition, you can edit this file with an SQL editor and it works fine. This came in really handy when I updated Kodi and all my stream paths changed!
I discovered today, that I can map the Guide key on my Harmony Smart Control to launch TV Guide add-on, and another key to launch the Sling TV app. While not quite as good as launching the exact Sling TV stream from the listing in the EPG, it's a big step closer. I was also able to map the DVR key to open my Recordings folder.

These things make the whole experience much better, and navigation much simpler.
Hi pcdude, I am trying to achieve the same result as you. Looking at PTVL and now TV guide. Which step did you end up going with? I tried PTVL but it never maps the channels to any EPG. I tried mc2xml and it just errors on me. Just wondering if you can let us know what you ended up doing, thanks!
I gave up on PTVL as I could not get it to work with the hdhr streams and went with TV guide. All is working well so far, but it does seem to lack active development. I'm using Schedules Direct and mc2xml.
(2015-03-10, 01:08)pcdude Wrote: I gave up on PTVL as I could not get it to work with the hdhr streams and went with TV guide. All is working well so far, but it does seem to lack active development. I'm using Schedules Direct and mc2xml.

I find it hard to believe you gave it a good "old college try". Adding a HDHR source to PTVL has to be one of the simplest things to do.

1. Set path to xmltv file
2. Autotune HDHR source, either UPNP* or Folder of strm files.
Click "OK"

*UPNP either "UPNP/All channels" or "UPNP/Favorites"

if PTVL can't automatically match your XMLTV listings, You will be prompted to manually pair the listing data.... which is as simple as matching channel names.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Yep, I am trying the 7 day free trial with Schedules Direct and getting PTVL set up was pretty simple. Here's what I did;

1. Set up Scheduled Direct, put in my area code, added all my OTA channels that I have in my HDHR favorites
2. Used mc2xml to create the XML file by logging in to Schedules Direct
3. Went into PTVL setting -> Autotune -> HDHomeRun -> UPNP -> HDHR/Favorites
4. Start PTVL and it found my channels and added the XML data

So it works, what I am now trying to figure out is how do I find the plugin:// URL for a few plugins I have that give me LiveTV (similar to USTVNOW which I am using as a starting point). I will then manually add my favorites from there, update the settings2.xml file with the correct ID and then I am hoping to be good to go...I hope Smile
(2015-03-10, 02:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 01:08)pcdude Wrote: I gave up on PTVL as I could not get it to work with the hdhr streams and went with TV guide. All is working well so far, but it does seem to lack active development. I'm using Schedules Direct and mc2xml.

I find it hard to believe you gave it a good "old college try". Adding a HDHR source to PTVL has to be one of the simplest things to do.

Click "OK"

if PTVL can't automatically match your XMLTV listings, You will be prompted to manually pair the listing data.... which is as simple as matching channel names.
Sorry, I posted a link in the PTVL thread with a debug log, but did not get a reply. I was trying to build the channels manually, not using auto tune, so that may have been the problem. If I get time in the future, I'll give it another go.
(2015-03-10, 05:18)pcdude Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 02:39)Lunatixz Wrote:

Click "OK"

Sorry, I posted a link in the PTVL thread with a debug log, but did not get a reply. I was trying to build the channels manually, not using auto tune, so that may have been the problem. If I get time in the future, I'll give it another go.

Manually building is easy as well, but requires you to know a little about PTVL and configuring channels. Autotune can handle things for you...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to get EPG for HDHomeRun OTA channels0