Video Playback Accelerated
Question 
Greetings All,

I have a very strange issue with my Kodi installation in Kodibuntu. Whenever I try to play any recorded video - either mkv, m4v, avi, or iso - play back is accelerated and stutters with no audio. It's totally unwatchable. I have searched the internet for an answer to this dilemma but no joy.

System specs:
Kodibuntu 14.1 "Helix" installed yesterday and completely updated
Z68 Intel chipset
Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3 GHz
16 GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (2 GB) video card
Samsung 27" LED backlit monitor using HDMI

This may also be related to this issue - the user interface in Kodibuntu looks like it is set at 640x480 resolution, even though the Nvidia driver is reporting the correct 1920x1080. It's very challenging to navigate and get anything done in it.

Thank you ahead f time for any and all useful info! I really want this to work . . . .
Start with the usual Debug Log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Both Kodi and Kodibuntu worked great, both in video playback and in monitor resolution, when I switched the monitor over from HDMI to DVI, so I think it was handing off bad EDID. Kodi also works great on my Panasonic plasma TV, I'm very pleased with it.

I would be happy to get the log for you if it'll help in development, otherwise my problem is solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Playback Accelerated0