metadata actor -alternative
Is there an alternative to this addon? Finding what other movies actors had been in from kodi was a really good feature.
I'm not understanding the need, what's wrong with looking at the cast list and pressing 'Enter'?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-24, 02:24)Piers Wrote: I'm not understanding the need, what's wrong with looking at the cast list and pressing 'Enter'?

Does that not just give you a list of stuff the actor is in that's in your library or am i missing something?

Doesnt metadata actor give you a list of all the stuff the actor's been in?
(2015-02-24, 03:39)komplex Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 02:24)Piers Wrote: I'm not understanding the need, what's wrong with looking at the cast list and pressing 'Enter'?

Does that not just give you a list of stuff the actor is in that's in your library or am i missing something?

Doesnt metadata actor give you a list of all the stuff the actor's been in?

I see what you mean. It would require skin integration of additional add-ons, if you wanted it to function within the skin.

the extended info script by phil65 is the alternative. It's up to the skinners to incorporate it.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
It was working fine until recently, it was intergrated on pressing right on the actors name.
(2015-02-24, 06:36)stuCONNERS Wrote: It was working fine until recently, it was intergrated on pressing right on the actors name.

I know, but since the add-on is dead I'm not providing support in the skin (existing support is included with the skin but... check the dedicated add-on thread).

Extendedinfo actor integration is high up on my list of to-dos for the Kodi 15.x version. It's a very fine balance between clutter and usefulness.

(2015-02-24, 08:00)Piers Wrote: It's a very fine balance between clutter and usefulness.

Having access to actors' and directors' filmographies is a useful and really killer feature for Kodi. How this could be considered clutter, I have no idea. Of course, I'm not a skinner and I truly appreciate skinners' contributions to the community.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-02-24, 09:52)thrak76 Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 08:00)Piers Wrote: It's a very fine balance between clutter and usefulness.

Having access to actors' and directors' filmographies is a useful and really killer feature for Kodi. How this could be considered clutter, I have no idea. Of course, I'm not a skinner and I truly appreciate skinners' contributions to the community.

It's a wonderful add-on, but it's implementing it in a way that it's not clutter. I'm very picky over what I consider clutter. I thought in85288 had added it to MB3, maybe not.

(2015-02-24, 20:08)Piers Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 09:52)thrak76 Wrote:

It's a wonderful add-on, but it's implementing it in a way that it's not clutter. I'm very picky over what I consider clutter. I thought in85288 had added it to MB3, maybe not.

Right. Having to go through several key presses in order to access the info is cumbersome. The skin I'm currently using (Zephyr) just implemented it in an intuitive way. The script is called onclick when highlighting an actor or director.
As thrak76 mentioned, I've implemented a quite stripped down version in Zephyr as I also wanted to avoid clutter. As long as you include the control ids, you can hide whatever you dont want with visibility conditions -- if you look at my code you can see I hide the majority of the lists. I only use the known movies/tvshows lists for actor info and cast/youtube lists for video info -- that way I can keep the info dialogs fairly similar to the main video info dialog.

I would imagine in xperience1080, because the video info dialog moves horizontally, you have the potential to add quite a bit of the extra info as you can just put all the various list ids in a horizontal grouplist that moves across as you press left/right.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This is the very start of implementation for the Kodi 15.x version: https://vid.me/J7qH (it's not going to be included with any Kodi 14.x build unless someone decides to add it on git and send a merge).

As I've said, it's the very start but I thought I'd produce a video...

It will be fully integrated but heavily stripped down [edit] to include movies data, tv shows data, info (maybe) and youtube data. It doesn't help that I'm having a large connection issue in pulling the data (moviedb is not the fastest from the UK or At.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
metadata actor -alternative1