Android issue by playing some 1080i-channels(pvr) or ts-files ERROR: CStageFrightVideo -
Hi,

I have an himedia Q10ii dualcore videoplayer. I am using SPMC 14.1. and kodi 15.0 nightly. The effect, i am describing, is on both kodi/spmc-versions the same and it is on 2 different himedia-Q10ii-devices the same. So it seems to be not a single-problem. The effect is the same with mediacodec activated or with libstagefrigth. Softwaredecoding does not work for 1080i on my device.

Since last improvements in mediacodec and libstagefrigth almost all my video files are running smooth without stutters in all relevant videoaccelerations: 576 (ffmpeg), 720p, 1080i, 1080p@50fps

So i tried to use the liveTV and pvr add-on again and i was suprised about the easy way to get it work. I tried it with dvdbviewer and VU+/enigma as backend. Both are working well for videoresultion 576i and 720p and some 1080i. All channels which are working, running smooth without stutterers.

But some channels in 1080i are absolutely not working. It is always the same: I see the first frame, hear some seconds the audio -and thats it !
The interesting thing is: it depends from the channel and it is reproduceable.

Some 1080i channels are working : (f.i. ATV,VOX) others neverSadKabel1, QVC).
The interesting thing is: the recordings as *.ts files have the same issue. These ts-files are not playable on kodi. BUT: when i cut this file in a vidoeditor without rerendering (only framecopy) and store it in a mkv-container: the video is running now smooth as all the others....

So there seems so be some informations or data in the stream or ts-files which kodi can not handle. Is there a chance to find the reason for this issue?

I will post my log to the xbmc-logs.

What did I exactly:
I started spmc 14.1. with enabled debug-log (logging for video and audio enabled).

Then I started live Tv with enabled DVBViewer PVR as backend. I made my tests only with unencrypted channels to eliminate decryption influences of the backend.

So I switched to the channel Servus TV HD - and it works.
Then i switched to QVC HD - i saw the first frames, some seconds audio. Then i stoped the channel.
Then I switched to Bibel TV - and it works.
Back to QVC HD - the same as before. it doesnt work.

t the end i started a recoreded ts-file (big bang theory) - the same issue as in QVC HD - it does not run.

In the debug log I saw the following error:

ERROR: CStageFrightVideo - decoding error (-110)

And here is the debug log (without cuts - i hope it is not to long :-) ):

http://xbmclogs.com/pvsut5q5c

thanks a lot in advance
SaEt9000
no one else who has or had a problem like this?
Any idea, what i could try?

SaEt9000
Please PM me a sample of the problematic .ts files.
There is most probably nothing I can do, though, as the hw decoder just doesn't seem to like the encoding of those files, but at least I could tell if it's the file or if it's specific to the SoC.

What SoC is the himedia Q10ii, btw ?
(2015-02-26, 13:54)Koying Wrote: Please PM me a sample of the problematic .ts files.
There is most probably nothing I can do, though, as the hw decoder just doesn't seem to like the encoding of those files, but at least I could tell if it's the file or if it's specific to the SoC.

What SoC is the himedia Q10ii, btw ?

Hi koying,

thanks for your reply.
I will send you a short testfile this evening.

And here are the specs of the himedia:

Android Version Jelly Bean
Chipset Family ARM Cortex A9 ?
Chipset Model HiSilicon Hi3716C V200ES1 1.6Ghz Dual Core
Chipset GPU Mali400MP1

SaEt9000
with the new kodi 15 isenguard beta1 the situation changes a little bit.

The same channels and ts-files as described before are still good playable. The 1080i channels, which did not work are still not running, but now I have the situation that every 10 seconds the DVDPlayer starts to buffer again and tries to play the channel or file again and again. So the audio goes on after buffering, but the video is still stopped after the first frames.

So for me it looks like a synchronization error. Maybe that the data from the stream are misunterstandable for the DVDPlayer... ?

The MxPlayer for example has no problems to play these channels as upnp-streams with hardware-acceleration. Has the MXPlayer a log, which could help solving this problem?

SaEt9000
I just made a new kodi.log with isengard beta 1.

http://pastebin.com/sucYMW8Y

It is the the part of the log where the DVDPlayer tries to start the h264-stream again and again.

I hope this can help solving this issue.

Thank you
SaEt9000
FULL debug log please
This is an issue with CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec. Processing is stuck because it does not request new packets.
Hi FernetMenta,

Thanks for your reply.

The situation is with libstagefright the same.
Only ffmpeg can play the streams - but much to slow... :-(

Is there a chance for a change in kodi's HW-acceleration ?

If a full log would help, I will build a new one - the original was to long for full copy in pastebin.com

Thanks

SaEt9000
A sample of the problematic streams would surely help, if possible.
Your logfile looks pretty much like the one I've posted here.

The only difference is, that recordings are playing fine for me, but not a single tv channel seems to be working.

It's working fine with kodi 14, so it's probably not an issue of the hw decoder.
(2015-05-05, 10:11)Koying Wrote: A sample of the problematic streams would surely help, if possible.

Hi koying,

thanks, that you take a look on this again.
But I just send some examples to you some weeks ago - do you remember?
You told me, that they work on your device without problems.
As i told before - I am absolutely sure that the streams are typical german DVB-S2 stream in h264 with 1080i . That is why the situation is with different PVR-backends 100% the same (tested with DVBViewer, enigma).

@ week
I recognize again, that there must be some technical similarity between AFTV and the himedia-chipsets because since koying developed the AFTV support the HW-accelleration on himedia Q10ii is in principle really good. But it could be that I am totaly wrong... It is only a notice from my point of view.

So, my recordings are all playable as well - I only have to convert them from Ts to mkv - but without reencoding, frame-copy works! that is why I am sure, that there are some Data in the TS-stream which the mediacodec or libstagefright "misunderstands" so that there are existing problems synchronizing and buffering the stream.

I saw your thread as well, but the error message does not exist on my device. But may be that the reason for this effect is the same. I hope it, because I am very sure that it will be solved for the AFTV :-)

Thank you all
SaEt9000
Oh, ok Wink
Too many threads...
(2015-05-05, 13:09)Koying Wrote: Oh, ok Wink
Too many threads...

yes... but, absolutely no problem.
I am thankfull about every response from you and the other developers.

Your work on kodi is amazing Big Grin

SaEt9000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue by playing some 1080i-channels(pvr) or ts-files ERROR: CStageFrightVideo -0