Moved my library to MySQL, "This file is no longer available"
Hi!
I just moved my Kodi library to a local MySQL server, running on my Chromebox (Used the Kodi Wiki). All my media files are stored to an external hard drive, that is connected to the Chromebox. The installation went fine, and my files are shared through SMB and uPnP (I don't know what's best). I've added the advancedsettings.xml file to my Mac running the same version of Kodi. The shared library shows up, and everything seems fine, until I play a movie. I get an error message saying that the file doesn't exist. My guess is that the mac don't find the right path to the media files. On my Chromebox, the files can be found at "/media/MediaDrive" and "/media/MediaDrive2". How can I make my mac find those files?

This directory exist on my Chromebox, but not on my mac:

Error message:
Your problem is described here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_X...he_network

You need to store the SMB paths in the database.
So how can the paths be stored? Do I have to write SQL querys, or can this be done through terminal or a GUI?
From the link I sent you:

Even if the media is on the same computer as one of the XBMC/Kodi instances, you MUST use a network share path. You cannot use a local file path with MySQL.

You need to change your Chromebox sources to use SMB, then the SMB links will go into MySQL, then your Mac will use SMB.
Thanks! I added the CHROMEBOX smb share on the CHROMEBOX, and now they all got the same file path, Great! Big Grin
But does anybody know if it's possible to add "your own" UPnP share? I want to add the Chromebox UPnP share to the Chromebox, but it don't show up on the same device as it's hosted from.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moved my library to MySQL, "This file is no longer available"0