[RPi2] Apple Remote A1156 Back Button Problem
Hi there.

I am new to the whole RPi World and I start to love this little fella.

But I have a problem with the Apple Remote A1156. System is running on openelec. Device is a RPi2

The IR receiver TSOP4383 is connected via GPIO (Pin 18) and I already did the irrecord process minimum 4 times with always the same result. The Back button ("Menu" on the remote) has no function in kodi.

Here is my lircd.conf located in .config

Code:
# Please make this file available to others
# by sending it to <[email protected]>
#
# this config file was automatically generated
# using lirc-0.9.1-git(default) on Tue Feb 24 23:24:31 2015
#
# contributed by
#
# brand:                       /storage/.config/lircd.conf
# model no. of remote control:
# devices being controlled by this remote:
#

begin remote

name  /storage/.config/lircd.conf
  bits            8
  flags SPACE_ENC|CONST_LENGTH
  eps            30
  aeps          100

header       9118  4511
  one           623  1671
  zero          623   546
  ptrail        622
  repeat       9118  2221
  pre_data_bits   16
  pre_data       0x77E1
  post_data_bits  8
  post_data      0x9B
  gap          108808
  toggle_bit_mask 0x0

begin codes
          KEY_BACK                 0xC0
          KEY_OK                   0xA0
          KEY_LEFT                 0x90
          KEY_UP                   0x50
          KEY_RIGHT                0x60
          KEY_DOWN                 0x30
      end codes

end remote

and here my Lircmap.xml, located in .kodi

Code:
<lircmap>
       <remote device="/storage/.config/lircd.conf">
                <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
                <right>KEY_RIGHT</right>
                <select>KEY_OK</select>
                <up>KEY_UP</up>
                <down>KEY_DOWN</down>
                <back>KEY_BACK</back>
       </remote>
  </lircmap>

pretty simple. Do i have to create more maps?! Does anyone have the same problem?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Oliver
Yeah you need to create a new one I needed to do it last week but couldn't figure it out.
Instead look in the program addons for keymap editor and when you run that find 'back' action you want and then press the back key on your remote within 5 seconds and it should show a number next to it saying its registered, you then need to make sure you go back to the main menu part and press save and it should have done it.
(2015-02-25, 15:09)Steve_uk Wrote: Yeah you need to create a new one I needed to do it last week but couldn't figure it out.
Instead look in the program addons for keymap editor and when you run that find 'back' action you want and then press the back key on your remote within 5 seconds and it should show a number next to it saying its registered, you then need to make sure you go back to the main menu part and press save and it should have done it.

a new keymap? How should it look and where do i put it?

Yesterday I already tried the keymap editor within kodi. Problem there was the addon didnt recognize input from the remote. So I think the problem is a miscommunication between Lirc and the remote, but I can not figure out what it is exactly.

PS: I am sorry for my english.
You need to find out if your back button is actually giving out a signal maybe it's not.
So to find out...
Enable debug in Kodi settings
Ssh into your pi (read the wiki if your not sure how)
Type irw and then press your back key and see what appears on screen.
If nothing type
tail -F/storage/.kodi/temp/kodi. log
See what it says on screen when you press your back button then
(2015-02-25, 15:43)Slevin Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 15:09)Steve_uk Wrote: Yeah you need to create a new one I needed to do it last week but couldn't figure it out.

a new keymap? How should it look and where do i put it?

Yesterday I already tried the keymap editor within kodi. Problem there was the addon didnt recognize input from the remote. So I think the problem is a miscommunication between Lirc and the remote, but I can not figure out what it is exactly.

PS: I am sorry for my english.
I haven't got a clue how the addon works but one of my buttons was not mapped or showing up on any of the lirc but it was still detected on the keymap editor.
I know that any personal keymaps you create should go in the userdata/keymaps folder
In OSMC, it's just enough to select the remote in the remote configuration menu.
I noticed that it doesn't always work properly, sometimes I need to keep keys pushed for long time, other times keys are detected twice.

Anyone has got the same experience?
I use an hand-made IR receiver based on Sanyo GP1UD27RK with a proper level adapter.
Nothing to add here.. but the newer version of the Apple remote works flawlessly for me. The extra button really helps.

I'll write a thread about which button maps I've used to get all the menus working as I want them to work. IE. my play/pause button brings up the 'info' when scrolling through Movies. The 'select' button starts the movie and during playback, play/pause acts as play/pause. It's quite intuitive once you get used to it. The wife uses it without any issues.
(2015-07-29, 13:37)bledd Wrote: Nothing to add here.. but the newer version of the Apple remote works flawlessly for me. The extra button really helps.

I'll write a thread about which button maps I've used to get all the menus working as I want them to work. IE. my play/pause button brings up the 'info' when scrolling through Movies. The 'select' button starts the movie and during playback, play/pause acts as play/pause. It's quite intuitive once you get used to it. The wife uses it without any issues.

Hi @bledd,

Sorry to bring this thread up again, can you please point me the direction to how to get the Apple TV remote to work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Dan
(2016-06-15, 15:46)leinadhok Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 13:37)bledd Wrote: Nothing to add here.. but the newer version of the Apple remote works flawlessly for me. The extra button really helps.

Hi @bledd,

Sorry to bring this thread up again, can you please point me the direction to how to get the Apple TV remote to work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Dan
Here is a guide to get any IR remote working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RPi2] Apple Remote A1156 Back Button Problem0