OSX: audio sync issues
14.2 seems to have solved it in general if the movie loads correctly (no bits or bytes missing from the file). Short enough Audiomixer?
Perfect! 14.2 is nice and stable for me too. Disabling VDADecoding under hardware acceleration did it for me.
I have been having the same audio sync issues and would like to try turning off VDADecoding, but can't figure out how. Can someone give instructions or point me to instructions to turn off VDADecoding? Thanks!
under system/video/acceleration
Thanks, neurosis13. I don't mean to sound dim, but you're talking about doing this in Kodi, right? Because, I don't see acceleration under video settings.
Never mind. Found it by changing setting level to advanced. Thanks!
Disabling VDADecoding did not fix the problem for me. The sync issue doesn't happen with every video. It seems to happen more with videos that have been posted on YouTube, but not all of them. I never have the problem with IceFilms and rarely see it on 1channel, so it's probably a video format issue; however I don't know how to see the format of the video being played.

When it does happen, the audio will start in sync, but after a few seconds the audio will "skip" and will then be out of sync by about a second. Also, I have noticed that if I pause the video for an extended amount of time (5 minutes or more) the audio will re-sync for the remainder of the video.

I am using Kodi 14.2 on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite. It is connected directly to a Sony 40" LED through HDMI.

I will capture all my audio and video settings and post them later and will try to get some debug logs.
try latest kodi 15 isengard beta - it should fix audio sync issues
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
OK. I'll give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX: audio sync issues0