Linux Non-Pi and RPi Kodi's on same Mysql library
I've moved to Kodibuntu (installed from DVD) onto my HTPCs and have a shared library running on a common MySQL backend.

I have an RPi that I'd like to introduce to the mix.

However, I'm terrified of making the wrong decision about which RPi implementation to use. I perceive that the RPi KODIs are often very aggressive in adopting Dev/Beta/New versions that will leave me fighting upgrade synchronizations between HTPCs and RPi KODIs because of MySQL database version/schema changes driven by RPi KODI always seeking "newest".

PROBLEM, I'm new to RPi and cannot figure out where/how to get KODIbuntu equivalent for RPi to avoid this problem. Maybe I'm over-thinking this, but I really just want to maintain the same version of Kodibuntu on RPi that I enjoy on the HTPCS.

QUESTIONS:
1) Am I over-thinking the MySQL database version problem? If yes, pls explain to calm me down...
2) Is there an easy answer to get the same Kodibuntu (Kodi) version for maintenance cycle alignment on RPi?

Thanks!!!!!
Any Helix stable version will use the same mysql database version.
So, just use latest stable Helix build (e.g. OpenELEC 5.0.3) and latest stable Helix build for Kodibuntu and you should be fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non-Pi and RPi Kodi's on same Mysql library0