2 Raspberry share DVB-S Transponder - should watch parallel - block each other
First of all, a huge thanks to all developers, supporter and everybody.
It's amazing how much possible is, just with freeware and and a credit card sized computer.
I could think of an alternative system (regardless of the costs) with the same functionality.

Unfortunately in my setup makes some problems, making it pretty much useless for live tv.
But I hope you can help.

My setup:

Server:
Debian Wheezy (Kernel updated to 3.16.7)
Mythtv-backend: 0.26.2-dmo1
DVB-S2 dual tuner card: Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5 + CI-Module with ORF Smartcard configured to be used with tuner 1
(Unfortunately the Linux drivers for the DVB-S2 card doesn't support the use of both tuner sharing the CI module yet)

Mythtv is configured, to do 2 recordings in parallel per tuner, so I see 4 virtual tuners in mythweb.
Virtual tuner 1,2 can record all channels (including encrypted ORF via CI module), tuner 3,4 can only record FreeTV. Tuner 3,4 are configured to be preferred whenever possible.

Client:
3x Raspberry Pi B, using raspbmc, Kodi 14.2 nightly build

=============================================
Situation:

As long as I only use Mythtv/Mythweb, everything woks exactly as it's supposed to be.
I can watch/record up to 4 channels in parallel (depending on the transponder), but independent on the order I start recording/ watching.

BUT when I use kodi / the mythtv plugin:
  1. start watching ORF1 on raspberry 1 --- works fine.
  2. start watching ORF2 (same transponder) on raspberry 2 , it starts playing but the playback on raspberry 1 stops.
  3. restart watching on rasp1, playback on rasp2 stops......

I spend already a couple of days trying to fix this problem, I'm afraid soon my family will loose their patience. Confused
The problem must be somewhere in the Kodi plugin, otherwise it wouldn't work using mythweb to do parallel recording of ORF1 and ORF2.
I even tried to switch to tvheadend in the meantime, but that's not possible, because it doesn't support my DVB-S card with the CI interface.

I am very grateful for any useful hint.

Please find here all logs I could imagine to be useful:
https://csi2.dynet.com:444/d/0b191ca12c/
(it's to much data to post it directly, please ignore the HTTPS- Certificate warning and continue)
- Please enable debug log on the 2 rpis: to do that, you have to enable option "more debug log..." in advanced options of the addon and also enable debug mode in system->parameters->system->debug menu. You have to replay your scenario: starting livetv rpi1 and then starting livetv rpi2.

- Finally what is the version of the addon ?

edit: to post files you could use pastebin.

edit: Also prefer myth 0.27 at least as specified in the brief or the wiki. I let addon run with myth 0.26 but some features are broken due to missed servives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Raspberry share DVB-S Transponder - should watch parallel - block each other0