RPI2 crash with livetv and new tv-server 1.11 pre
Hello,

I updated to the new tvserver 1.11 pre today.

im using latest millhouse build 0225 and the live plugin starts just fine. Loads channels and EPG but as soon as i start a channel KODI crashes to black screen and restarts.

There is a new feature in tv-server 1.11 pre:

http://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4583

Could that be the issue?

I should say that i also upgraded to the 0225 build at the same time so it could potentially be that also.

/Jacob
1. Upload /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog to a pastebin site as this will include useful information about the crash
2. Work backwards through the builds from #0225 until you find a build that doesn't crash - knowing the build # when the crashing started is crucial to narrowing down the issue.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,

Thanks alot.

Here is the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/TJV3GxSy

I dont have time to go backwards through builds right now but will return as soon as i do.

/Jacob
Hi Milhouse,

Anything obvious in the logfile?
The crash looks very similar to another crash with the Argus TV PVR addon. Knowing when your problem started would be very useful, the Argus TV failure apparently started with build #0214 but I don't see anything in build #0214 that would account for this change in behaviour.

Unfortunately I don't use PVR functionality which has made reproducing and debugging a non-starter. Hopefully someone more familiar with the PVR code can suggest what is going on, or perhaps an easy way to reproduce the failure and I can try reverting any suspicious commits once we know for sure which build introduced the failure.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Looks like the numbering schema has changed at some point but OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-Milhouse-20150213210105-r20266-g206cbae is the last one working for me
Hmm... So again #0214 when it breaks... weird.
Yep.

Hope you are able to locate the problem Smile
(2015-02-26, 18:56)mylle Wrote: Hope you are able to locate the problem Smile

To be honest, it doesn't seem likely unless someone who knows more about the PVR code can chime in. Might just have to wait until this appears in a stable release and then more people will take an interest. It's either a problem in Kodi master, or a problem with the latest xbmc-pvr-addons master. I wonder if I switched xbmc-pvr-addons to the helix branch this problem would go away (might upload a test).
Can you try the build #0226b and confirm if it continues to crash: RPi / RPi2

This is OpenELEC/Kodi master, but using the helix (not master) branch of xbmc-pvr-addons (plus ARMv6/ARMv7 atomics).
Sorry. Now there is just an error saying the addon cannot be loaded.

15:52:34 14.226343 T:1821934656 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MediaPortal PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.4', add-on API version '1.9.2'
15:52:34 14.226515 T:1821934656 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, status = 6
15:52:34 14.226584 T:1821934656 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MediaPortal PVR Client, disabling it
Ok thanks, that would be because kodi has already moved on, sigh. I'll go back to the master version of xbmc-pvr-addons in the next build, but without being able to reproduce, I have no idea why it is crashing.
Thanks Milhouse,

I really appreciate your effort Smile Hopefully this will get solved at some point!
Hmm, I haven't changed anything recently to the PVR addon, so that minimizes the list of potential causes to a Team update commit or an OpenElec update.
Both Argus TV and the MediaPortal addon access the live tv buffer using the smb:// protocol.
The crash seems to occur at the point where the addon asks XBMC/Kodi to open the timeshift buffer in FileReader::OpenFile()

So, one of the questions would be if libsmbclient has seen an update or not...
Another candidate would be C++ 11 related changes.

Does anybody know if this also occurs on a RPi 1 or under standard Linux?
I will see if I can reproduce this on my Pi 1 later this week...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi Margro,

Great to see you here Smile Hopefully you and Milhouse will be able to work out a fix!

/Jacob

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI2 crash with livetv and new tv-server 1.11 pre0