Linux Please help with remote.xml
Hi,

I'm opening this new thread as it is specific to Linux and I truly hope that some of you who are experts in creating custom remote mappings will be able to do this in no time, while I'm so short on time that in the foreseeable future I will not be able to dig into learning the remote mappings (although I'm planning to do this, since I really like to understand things and to know-how).

There is an excellent thread in the PVR-WMC section of the forum for custom keymap project for Harmony Remotes, and they created a set of 5 custom mappings for remote.xml that makes PVR remote controlling a real joy, and is so much important to have this. (My person opinion is that these should be the defaults, but actually it doesn't matter, once we have these for Kodi/Helix).

Long story short, these were done for Gotham, and since the PVR section is redone in Helix, it is not working for latest releases. The active member in the topic is not using Kodi, so he can only point to the correct route but not able to do and test the new mappings.

I believe for those who are really familiar with remote mappings this could be a piece of cake to migrate the already created settings to Kodi.

The original thread is located at: Link
If you read the first post, then it should be completely clear what and how these mappings do.

Basically:

Quote:What's in version 1.0 for the remote.xml?
• Maps XBMC "record" function to remote key "record". Enables one touch recording from XBMC EPG (Gotham only feature)
• Maps XBMC "context menu" function to remote key "menu".
• Maps XBMC "electronic program guide (EPG)" to remote key "guide".
• Maps XBMC "fullscreen" function to remote key "guide" within <mypvr> tag. Enables toggling of EPG while watching live TV and recorded TV only.
• Enables what I'll refer to as the "Scarecrow420 channel surfing changes" (Gotham only feature) described in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1638147

In the initial post there is a link for Linux (Openelec) files and Harmony mapping as well.

All the feature are excellent and I would so much like to have them on my Openelec 5.2 box.

Please, help us and do the 5 custom mappings for Kodi/Helix.

Many thanks!
Thought I recognised your name I saw your post on the openelec forum lol
Can you not just use the keymap editor addon??
Yes, I did post it on openelec forum too, and I'm usually not doing this, but unfortunately my experience with OE forums are not so good (and looking at so many old threads without solution), but here at Kodi forums I always see problems are resolved within very short timeSmile

I will see if keymap editor addon would work for me and report back. However, it seems to me that the 5 mappings I would need are quite specific and they would need manual editing (hope I'm wrong).
(2015-02-26, 14:13)gurabli Wrote: Yes, I did post it on openelec forum too, and I'm usually not doing this, but unfortunately my experience with OE forums are not so good (and looking at so many old threads without solution), but here at Kodi forums I always see problems are resolved within very short timeSmile

I will see if keymap editor addon would work for me and report back. However, it seems to me that the 5 mappings I would need are quite specific and they would need manual editing (hope I'm wrong).
The keymap editor has loads and loads of button presses its quite hard though to find the one you need.
You find the one you need and press the key on your remote control within 5 seconds and a number should then appear next to the action to say it's registered it.
So then you do that with all of the buttons but you have to make sure you save it before closing the addon
OK, I'll check this at home and see if I can achieve the mentioned 5 custom mappings with keymap editor.
I've been posting in both to try and fix my little problems I am getting there slowly but like you say these forums don't seem to have a great deal of active members so it's hard.
I did use the keymap editor myself last week as I wanted the context menu also just be careful as that's listed in a few categories the one I fund to work was in the navigation one.
A few of your others I think will be in the full screen video category
Here at Kodi I always received excellent help within very short time. And I'm sure it will be the same this time. Back a year (although then I was still using MediaPortal because of the great PVR, ufff, I always wished XBMC/Kodi had that), but then I had much more time and no matter what problem I run into, with a little guidance I always managed to resolve and complete everything, and to understand everything). BTW, Media Portal has an excellent community (such a shame MP is based on Windows only), just like Kodi has.
What I see on Openelec forums is hundreds of unanswered topicsSad The guys are doing an excellent job with OE, but the community is not as active like Kodi or MP. Enough said, I appreciate their hard work a lot!

Will post back later here and see what I managed to achieve.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help with remote.xml0