Kodibuntu terminal
Hello,
format my windows and install last Kodibuntu build.

Very fast now. But where is terminal ?

I wanto to install emulators, VNC, etc, but can't find any way to bypass Kodi UI.

Thank you for any info,
m,
Click on exit, you will be taken to a screen where you can login to kodi or the base os. If you look to the top right of the screen there is a drop down menu where you choose what to login.
This no longer is true. The helix version has no option to change what to login to. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to stop X windows does not work. Ctrl-Alt-Delete does not work
grumpycat, please don't tell such a nonsense Wink

I wrote that part of that wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu#Desktop_mode

And you are of course able to exit Kodi, switch the session and login into Kodibuntu to get a terminal. See the screenshots at the wiki.

@myspacee:

You could do it either the Kodibuntu way or you try to SSH (wiki) in by using the username and the password you entered and installation.
(2016-04-09, 19:17)David1977 Wrote: grumpycat, please don't tell such a nonsense Wink

I wrote that part of that wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu#Desktop_mode

And you are of course able to exit Kodi, switch the session and login into Kodibuntu to get a terminal. See the screenshots at the wiki.

@myspacee:

You could do it either the Kodibuntu way or you try to SSH (wiki) in by using the username and the password you entered and installation.

I found the issue. The default screen resolution the installer chose for my HDMI/TV cuts off a significant part of the screen at all the edges. None of the window decorations were visible at all. It was there but not visible.

To get it to work I moved the mouse cursor outside the visible screen and clicked around until I hit the pull down. Luckily that was visible and I was able to select the option to boot to ubuntu desktop.
Most likely an overscan issue on your TV
CTRL+ALT+F2 for terminal
then
CTRL+ALT+F7 to exit terminal and get to kodi
Press THANK USER if I Help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodibuntu terminal0