kodibuntu and tvheadend update
Hi I am quite new to linux but so far so good it has took me a day to get everything working, but one thing I am not sure i like, The Tvheadend pre installed in kodibuntu. it is hard to configure, When I used openelec the Tvheadend was version 3.9.2496 but it had more features configuring bouquets etc..Is there anyway to update the version 3.4.28 thats preinstalled? Thanks
Can anyone confirm if this will remove tvheadend or can i upgrade to a newer version with uninstalling?

sudo apt-get remove tvheadend
sudo apt-get purge tvheadend

I also have found this file and know it works tvheadend_3.9.2498~g379672a~trusty_amd64.deb I have downloaded it to a flash drive. Is there an easy way to install on kodibuntu desktop through terminal?

Sorry for all the questions i am very new to linux and not very confident with my knowledge thanks for any help
Newer versions of tvheadend are considered 'unstable' as they're under active development - that said, the core functionality is very stable for day-to-day use, and you're only really likely to get issues if you're using transcoding, encrypted channels or similar less mainstream functions.

If you want to upgrade to the version you've got on the flash drive, you'd use sudo dpkg -i <deb> - that will upgrade your installation and should bring most of your config with it. I'd take a backup first, though, just in case. The upgrade process will also take a backup, but IMO it's better if you know where the backup is, how it was taken and thus how to restore it (you'll need to look into cp or tar and how to preserve file owners and permissions).

If you want to upgrade to the latest version - and keep it updated - then you'd need to add the unstable PPA and use sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade, as you would for any other package. Details here: https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...Repository

You can upgrade without uninstalling, yes - or you can purge and start from scratch and thus skip the backup steps. Note that the config is different in 3.9.x from 3.4.x, and not all of it can be migrated. That said, if you've used 3.9.x already, you should already know about the adapters:networks:muxesConfusedervices:channels relationship (i.e. add a network, associate the network with a tuner, add muxes, scan for services, map to channels).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodibuntu and tvheadend update0