Video Freezing-Kernel Panic-Intel Sandy Bridge
I recently switched my HTPC to another computer in my house. Since the switch, I have been experiencing intermittent crashed with the video freezing. Sometimes the audio will freeze as well, sometimes the audio will keep playing. This seems to happen at random, but on average about 30 minutes into a video. Occasionally this will happen when starting XBMC or in one of the menus. The last two times it happened, it crashed to a text screen with error messages. Something to the effect of "Kernel panic, unable to handle page request at...."

System specs: Intel Celeron G540 (Sandy Bridge); Biostar H77 motherboard; using HDMI out for video to TV. OS is Xubuntu 14.0, running Kodi 14.1.

Various things I have tried:
Installed latest Intel Driver using Graphics Installer 1.0.7 from this website: https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads
Upgraded from XBMC 13.2 to Kodi 14.1
Ran a memory test. No error reports.
Tried different combinations of VDPAU and VAAPI turned on and off.
Looked at xbmc debug logs. Unfortunately it happens suddenly so I don't see any issue that xbmc has detected before the crash occurs.
Looked at var/crash logs. Nothing there appears to be relevant.

I recently enabled kernel crash logging, so I will try to post those as they become available. I can also try taking a screenshot of the crash screen if that happens again.

Nothing I seem to do has stopped this behavior. In the meantime, is there anything else I can try? Sorry if this is not enough information. I have used XBMC for years but I am new to this forum.
This is still happening for me. Here is a crash log from the most recent time this happened. Is this indicative of failing memory? The only error I see is:

21:22:52 T:140678048643008 ERROR: CRenderManager:TonguerepareNextRender - asked to prepare with nothing available

Full crash log here:

http://pastebin.com/0DVfiWH8

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:#4 0x00007f64de782757 in CEC::CUSBCECAdapterDetection::FindAdapters(CEC::cec_adapter_descriptor*, unsigned char, char const*) () from /usr/lib/libcec.so.2

libcec is your issue - it segfaults.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am not familiar with libcec. Is there a way to fix it?
Looking in Synaptic PM, libcec is not installed. Also in my root directory, there is no libcec.so.2 in /usr/lib. Should I install libcec? I do not, to my knowledge, have any CEC devices. I do use my phone as a remote through Wifi with the Kore app.
Disable CEC in input devices and try again.

dpkg -l |grep libcec | pastebinit please
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
In Settings>Input Devices, "Peripherals" is grayed out. I assume that means it is already disabled?

Here is the output:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/10571286/
dpkg -l |grep udev | pastebinit

also please.
Http://paste.Ubuntu.com/10578035/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Freezing-Kernel Panic-Intel Sandy Bridge0